Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

It is. I’ve stated many times that the media, Sky in particular , have set the agenda and the fans peddle the idea the need for VAR in the game.

The armchair fan comment isn’t aimed at anyone on here, it’s a general comment. I’m sorry if you don’t agree with my opinion or if it offends you Phil but to suggest I have a clear disdain towards people who don’t go the game is absurd.

I totally understand there’s many reasons why people don’t go to football matches, being priced out is a massive one. I have been on many demonstrations against ticket prices, price caps, and even walked out on my own team after 77 minutes in protest to massive price hikes in ticket prices, that wouldn’t have affected my Seson Ticket price, in solidarity with my own.

Where was you that day?

So you carry on being holier than thou.

Not just “armchair fans” though as you have stated though

Remember your first comment “hope the armchair fans are happy with what they got “ with a sneer as if it’s them to blame for what is happening

Is it just armchair fans that sit and watch matches on sky ? What happens when someone who goes to the home games but then screams at the telly on an away match ? Which category shall they be put into ?

Sorry I’m not sure what increasing prices has to do with VAR being shocking ?

I would love nothing more than being able to travel every Saturday to watch the game then travel home - but it’s just not possible anymore and hasn’t been for a long time. I certainly don’t ever want to see people being priced out of watching the game but that all changed just Isner 30 years go when the Prem League was invented and football changed

D

Deleted member 1740

Not just “armchair fans” though as you have stated though

Remember your first comment “hope the armchair fans are happy with what they got “ with a sneer as if it’s them to blame for what is happening

Is it just armchair fans that sit and watch matches on sky ? What happens when someone who goes to the home games but then screams at the telly on an away match ? Which category shall they be put into ?

Sorry I’m not sure what increasing prices has to do with VAR being shocking ?

If you really think I’ve laid the blame totally at the armchair fans then you’re very much mistaken. Yes, They’ve played their part. As there’s 10m sky subscribers I’d say there in the majority ??

Match goers.

Re Increasing prices, your accusation how I have a clear disdain towards people who don’t go to matches.

Where was you that day?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Utterly priceless, the betting market for the next West Ham manager on Betfair, and theyve included Danny Dyer as an option :eek:

My money is on Bianca from footy focus.

Tony Cottee has peddled the "XX knows the club inside out, so give him the job" bollocks, how do these pundits earn a living.

So XX has seen the 'ammers win sod all for nearly 40 years, been a yo-yo club, hardly ever (if ever) even been in the Europa league, moved ground with hardly any improvement, but he knows the club inside out,so give him the job. Sheesh.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My money is on Bianca from footy focus.

Tony Cottee has peddled the "XX knows the club inside out, so give him the job" bollocks, how do these pundits earn a living.

So XX has seen the 'ammers win sod all for nearly 40 years, been a yo-yo club, hardly ever (if ever) even been in the Europa league, moved ground with hardly any improvement, but he knows the club inside out,so give him the job. Sheesh.

turns out theyve already been talking to Moyes for part deux :)

D

Deleted member 15344

If you really think I’ve laid the blame totally at the armchair fans then you’re very much mistaken. Yes, They’ve played their part. As there’s 10m sky subscribers I’d say there in the majority ??
you keep pointing the finger of blame at them - you keep suggesting it’s them that called for VAR to be introduced ?

All fans have played their part , so have players , managers , owners , FIFA , UEFA , Prem League , FA - but your statements were just aimed at “armchair fans “.

Match goers.

Re Increasing prices, your accusation how I have a clear disdain towards people who don’t go to matches.

Where was you that day?

At work on a very quiet day shift I believe

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have an opinion that you should support your local team 1st and foremost. What’s wrong with that?

There are many reasons people don't support their local team. My local team is now Norwich but I'm not going to support them just because I now live closer to them than the mighty Col U.

Although in general I do agree with you as older Colch jnr has decided that he is no longer a Colchester fan, because according to him "we're rubbish", and he now wants to support Man Utd. Unfortunately Mrs Colch has said that as he's only 10 I'm not allowed to kick him out of the house.

D

Deleted member 1740

There are many reasons people don't support their local team. My local team is now Norwich but I'm not going to support them just because I now live closer to them than the mighty Col U.

Although in general I do agree with you as older Colch jnr has decided that he is no longer a Colchester fan, because according to him "we're rubbish", and he now wants to support Man Utd. Unfortunately Mrs Colch has said that as he's only 10 I'm not allowed to kick him out of the house.

Sorry, I meant where you’re born/raised

Obviously people grow up and jobs sometimes dictates where you live etc.

D

Deleted member 1740

All while Liverpool, utd, spurs etc are busy pimping themselves out in every corner of the planet.

Yeah you’re correct, all part of the big business nowadays unfortunately. Though I need to count myself Lucky because without them we’d have a team of no marks ?‍♂️

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry, I meant where you’re born/raised

Obviously people grow up and jobs sometimes dictates where you live etc.

Again not 100% true as both my boys have been born and raised within 20 miles of Norwich but, despite the older one wanting to support Man Utd and the younger one having no interest in football, they will both be Col U fans.

But all joking aside, I can accept someone supporting a club that isn't local if there is a genuine family link to that club (for instance, my dad was born in Manchester and supports Man U so it wouldn't be outrageous for me to support them) but the glory hunting trophy whores that pick a club they have no connection to deserve all the abuse they get.

D

Deleted member 1740

Again not 100% true as both my boys have been born and raised within 20 miles of Norwich but, despite the older one wanting to support Man Utd and the younger one having no interest in football, they will both be Col U fans.

But all joking aside, I can accept someone supporting a club that isn't local if there is a genuine family link to that club (for instance, my dad was born in Manchester and supports Man U so it wouldn't be outrageous for me to support them) but the glory hunting trophy whores that pick a club they have no connection to deserve all the abuse they get.

Again I can’t disagree with that, not sure grandads and great grandads rule applies.

Like I said earlier, there’s more to a town/city than a successful football club.

My mate left Liverpool and headed to London early 80’s and has lived down in Wembley ever since, his 3 lads all support Spurs, he wouldn’t let them support Liverpool.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Again I can’t disagree with that, not sure grandads and great grandads rule applies.

Like I said earlier, there’s more to a town/city than a successful football club.

My mate left Liverpool and headed to London early 80’s and has lived down in Wembley ever since, his 3 lads all support Spurs, he wouldn’t let them support Liverpool.

My daughters won't be supporting Dover or Gillingham!!

I think as long as there is a genuine allegiance, i see no issue with it.

D

Deleted member 15344

As a Forces brat I moved around all over the UK and also the world - I then joined myself and moved all other so had no town I would call local , my current place is the longest I have ever stayed in one place ( 10 years now ) . My dad was also a forces brat and moved around and he ended up supporting where his parents finally settled - I ended up supporting a team because of my mums side.

My mate who I have known for years started supporting Liverpool in the early 80’s because they were popular and he liked Rush - he had no connection , his family were Villa fans - but he went with Liverpool - 30 odd years later he still supports them , We have been to loads of matches over the years - he now lives in Australia but still flies back once or twice a year just to go to a game. It shouldn’t matter why someone starts supporting a team but what should matter Is if they stick with it regardless of what the team goes - but there have been many people over the years who have flipped to teams because they are successful - people who started supporting Man Utd in the 90’s for example them flipped to Chelsea in the 00’s . My brothers two lads support Chelsea - they grew up when they were doing well and their favourite player was playing for them so they will now stick with Chelsea. Stu will always look down on people like me because we aren’t local - he isn’t the first or will be the last and all clubs have them - I have nothing but respect for the local fans who go week in week out - they are the lifeblood of the club , they are what makes it special - but I don’t believe an armchair fan who can’t go week in week out and wasn’t born 5 yards from the ground should be looked down upon. In the modern football world a club can no longer survive or be competitive on just the 50k who go to the match and whilst an armchair who contribute to the club in the same way they will still be a part of the club and contribute in other ways

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
It would all be nice if everyone supported their local team, but as we know that’s not always the case. I think the more passionate fan will support their local team and would get involved with the club/community whereas the generic fan will support whoever is successful/likeable when they start to follow football.

I’m from Hartlepool originally, but am a Sunderland fan because my dad is and his dad was when he was alive (they both lived in Sunderland, so were the local team for them anyway). I now live in Southampton, but still call myself a Sunderland fan even though I wouldn’t say I “follow” them anymore...maybe that’s because they’re now in league 1 or maybe it’s because I live the best part of 400 miles away.

I do believe people should follow their local team, unless they have a good reason not to. I do wonder what will happen to all of the kids who grew up in the 90’s and support Man Utd because they were successful....who will they support now?