• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Stolen from twitter:
@FootyHumour
Troy Deeney has played four times at home in the Premier League this season - every single appearance has come under a different manager.

Stat of the season!
That’s almost as good as last years.

Saints had 4 managers between two Shane Long goals......

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m for punishing Clubs Pete, but you make some valid comments.

Maybe the points are enforced the following season or Clubs need to ensure they get ahead of the problem with their own measures to prevent the scenario you mention from happening.

I don’t think more Stewards is the answer, you’ll either get the thug Steward wanting to wade in to the crowd or the 17yr old or 60yr old who hasn’t got a spine taking a kicking.

Its hard enough preventing football just becoming a business these days (probably lost that one years ago), without it becoming some sort of quasi-utopian-societal nirvana.

When was the last time you watched sky sports without the word racism being used, for me its probably 12 months. Its dominating the sport at the moment.

Yes it has to be tackled, but is the problem just in football. Whether it's comments, institutionalised racism, accessability to coaches jobs its every week. How often do you hear about ethnic minorities not getting coaching jobs in athletics, Hockey, dressage.......NEVER. Its always footy. Never mind what the current PM can or has written in the past, but oooooohhhhhhh thats okay, because its in the Spectator. Shall we ban the Tories.......(please God, yes).

Yes. Lets discuss options, but dont throw the baby out with the bathwater, and here's a thing - why dont we ask the fans to come up with something. Every pundit, ex-manager,ex-player (and lets face it I'm sure some of them from the 70's and 80's werent averse to calling teammates God knows what, back in the day, but no, everyone's a saint these days, jumping on the bandwagon. Let the fans come up with something to help, minimise and ultimately eradicate, and if it is the odd divvy, let the courts handle it.......but take it outside of the stadiums as well.

D

Deleted member 16999

Its hard enough preventing football just becoming a business these days (probably lost that one years ago), without it becoming some sort of quasi-utopian-societal nirvana.

When was the last time you watched sky sports without the word racism being used, for me its probably 12 months. Its dominating the sport at the moment.

Yes it has to be tackled, but is the problem just in football. Whether it's comments, institutionalised racism, accessability to coaches jobs its every week. How often do you hear about ethnic minorities not getting coaching jobs in athletics, Hockey, dressage.......NEVER. Its always footy. Never mind what the current PM can or has written in the past, but oooooohhhhhhh thats okay, because its in the Spectator. Shall we ban the Tories.......(please God, yes).

Yes. Lets discuss options, but dont throw the baby out with the bathwater, and here's a thing - why dont we ask the fans to come up with something. Every pundit, ex-manager,ex-player (and lets face it I'm sure some of them from the 70's and 80's werent averse to calling teammates God knows what, back in the day, but no, everyone's a saint these days, jumping on the bandwagon. Let the fans come up with something to help, minimise and ultimately eradicate, and if it is the odd divvy, let the courts handle it.......but take it outside of the stadiums as well.
Totally agree it’s not a football only issue, but that’s how it’s getting spun.

Don’t know if you saw the Stormzy “comment” over the weekend and how it was reported and then turned back on him and then we get people like hopkins and morgan joining in!

Sadly for all its positives, Football (as we’ve seen before) is an easy scapegoat.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Don’t know if you saw the Stormzy “comment” over the weekend and how it was reported and then turned back on him and then we get people like hopkins and morgan joining in!

Sadly for all its positives, Football (as we’ve seen before) is an easy scapegoat.

No, is he some sort of "hip" weatherman, Hopkins and Morgan, a latter day Starsky and Hutch? :)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Thing is though Paul, ave had me rant re the state of football. but it wasn't that long ago (Derby game) I was having another rant about City fans singing Munich songs. It's the same knobs that shout rascist abuse. The game needs to crack down ASAP.

D

Deleted member 16999

Thing is though Paul, ave had me rant re the state of football. but it wasn't that long ago (Derby game) I was having another rant about City fans singing Munich songs. It's the same knobs that shout rascist abuse. The game needs to crack down ASAP.
You can’t crack down on everything Tash and you’ll never get rid of the knobs, removing them from Stadiums doesn’t stop them being knobs!

I’ll give you an example, the amount of teams home and away that either sing “sign on” or “feed the scousers” at Everton and Liverpool fans is ridiculous, now, we are told it’s only banter! But yet it’s hundreds if not thousands singing it, it happened at Old Trafford a few weeks back, Leics fans sang it last week, the irony is, both places have higher unemployment and child poverty than Liverpool does.

Are we meant to ignore it? Laugh? Be insulted? All of the above? None?

It’s not just racism, bad language, songs related to disasters etc,

If you want sterile conditions, then you’d need to play behind closed doors because part of football is winding the opposition up, but each set of fans will make an excuse as to why they sing what they do.

Back to racism, Fish made it a good point, make sure that those arrested face criminal charges.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
You can’t crack down on everything Tash and you’ll never get rid of the knobs, removing them from Stadiums doesn’t stop them being knobs!

I’ll give you an example, the amount of teams home and away that either sing “sign on” or “feed the scousers” at Everton and Liverpool fans is ridiculous, now, we are told it’s only banter! But yet it’s hundreds if not thousands singing it, it happened at Old Trafford a few weeks back, Leics fans sang it last week, the irony is, both places have higher unemployment and child poverty than Liverpool does.

If you want sterile conditions, then you’d need to play behind closed doors because part of football is winding the opposition up, but each set of fans will make an excuse as to why they sing what they do.

Back to racism, Fish made it a good point, make sure that those arrested face criminal charges.

Fans all over the country have songs sang about them because of stereotypes,it’s not just a Scouse thing????

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I always thought if you were arrested for racism you would be prosecuted !
Isn’t that the the norm then.?
If not that needs to change.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I always thought if you were arrested for racism you would be prosecuted !
Isn’t that the the norm then.?
If not that needs to change.

Unfortunately, if someone is arrested for racism, found guilty and fined, they are still a racist, albeit a slightly poorer one.
As well as fines and bans, these idiots need educating ............................. and I'm not sure how that can successfully be done.
Education is the answer.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Unfortunately, if someone is arrested for racism, found guilty and fined, they are still a racist, albeit a slightly poorer one.
As well as fines and bans, these idiots need educating ............................. and I'm not sure how that can successfully be done.

I do, stick them in a cell with a 6ft 6”, 16 stone fit as fcuk gay African ? ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry Paul you’ve lost Me ?‍♂️
I Was just pointing out that it’s not just a Scouse thing.
I didn’t want you thinking it was????
I was at a Newcastle v Cardiff game a few years ago. The Newcastle fans were starting to shout about sheep. The Cardiff fans, as one, starting singing about 'being Welsh and liking sheep', a little more fruity than that of course. At the end of the chant the Newcastle fans applauded, gave a thumbs up and sheep were not mentioned again. The Cardiff fans owned and diffused the potential jibe, brilliant.

D

Deleted member 16999

I was at a Newcastle v Cardiff game a few years ago. The Newcastle fans were starting to shout about sheep. The Cardiff fans, as one, starting singing about 'being Welsh and liking sheep', a little more fruity than that of course. At the end of the chant the Newcastle fans applauded, gave a thumbs up and sheep were not mentioned again. The Cardiff fans owned and diffused the potential jibe, brilliant.
I said in the original post mate that all fans do it to each other and gave AN example.

He’s once again failed to read the whole post and interpreted it the only way he knows.

Have a great day mate and spk soon.