Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

Unfortunately they do, and I partly blame clubs, and they want to return to all standing. Yobs standing together. That's gonna help loads. This is my last season as a season ticket holder. Am watching football I dreamed of, yet the games are killing me. rascism, VAR, constant changing of fixtures for telly. Kick off times. Citys next four games are inc last Saturday's are 5.30,5.30,6.00,5.31 brilliant when you have a 4 and 7 yr old to take. We sit in the family stand and unsold tickets are sold to anyone. There's hardly any kids in there yet I sit hearing effing and jeffin in a family stand. Be glad to be watching it at home in future, but at the same time sad.
Lots of generalisation and different issues there mate,
Unfortunately swearing is becoming the norm in society, a 12A picture at the movies shows violence and scenes/comments of a sexual nature, respect has been lost for the Emergency Services.

All the above and more in society needs to be addressed, football grounds are just a small representation of that society.

Look at the intolerance on here on the football and political threads, we’ve all got to take some responsibility and it really does come from the top.

It’s easy to blame Politicians from all parties, but respect in the whole of society had gone backwards and unless the football authorities go over the top initially to stamp on bad behaviour it will get worse before it gets better.

D

Deleted member 16999

Ok, so lets say if it was the last game of the season, 3 points needed to win the league - could be the Etihad, Anfield or at the King power and one half "n" half wearing football fan from Kuala Lumpur corporate exec (normally supports Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea - take your pick) shouts something rascist.......

You can see where I'm going.

You lose the league. Fair / will it make a difference to that individual?

Grounds / stands have been closed going back years, its not proven that it will still stop one divvy spoiling it for the rest.
I’m for punishing Clubs Pete, but you make some valid comments.

Maybe the points are enforced the following season or Clubs need to ensure they get ahead of the problem with their own measures to prevent the scenario you mention from happening.

I don’t think more Stewards is the answer, you’ll either get the thug Steward wanting to wade in to the crowd or the 17yr old or 60yr old who hasn’t got a spine taking a kicking.

D

Deleted member 1740

Ok, so lets say if it was the last game of the season, 3 points needed to win the league - could be the Etihad, Anfield or at the King power and one half "n" half wearing football fan from Kuala Lumpur corporate exec (normally supports Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea - take your pick) shouts something rascist.......

You can see where I'm going.

You lose the league. Fair / will it make a difference to that individual?

Grounds / stands have been closed going back years, its not proven that it will still stop one divvy spoiling it for the rest.

So everything they've tried hasnt worked...... see where I'm going with this??

Unfortunately racism isnt a Football problem, it's a society problem. Society needs to change before football gets rid of it.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m for punishing Clubs Pete, but you make some valid comments.

Maybe the points are enforced the following season or Clubs need to ensure they get ahead of the problem with their own measures to prevent the scenario you mention from happening.

I don’t think more Stewards is the answer, you’ll either get the thug Steward wanting to wade in to the crowd or the 17yr old or 60yr old who hasn’t got a spine taking a kicking.

Nor do I.
What is a steward supposed to do if he is black?
Now, if it was a policeman, maybe things would be a bit different.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How can spurs appeal one of the most obvious red cards of the century?
Because instead of accepting the initial ruling, they have to claim they were the innocent party......and then we wonder why society has no respect for anything.
The racism issue is also tied in with a lack of respect for anyone and everyone. Football clubs have to show respect for the rules and the discisions made, whether they like them or not. Fans have to show respect for the refs, like them or not. Racism can't grow if respect is forthcoming from everyone.
Sadly though I know it will never change, and will be shouted down every time.

D

Deleted member 16999

So the Government saying they are prepared to take “further steps” over racism in Football unless the football authorities sort it out!
Not a society problem then.:rolleyes:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
If it’s a criminal offence outside of a football stadium, then it needs to be the same inside, and when identified that a racist remark or gesture has been targeted towards an individual, then spotters within the stewards need to identify them to the police, have them arrested, charged and if/when found guilty there needs to be a minimum sentence of 200 hours CS, specifically done on match days and if breached, a minimum 4mth jail imposed.

There has to be real deterrents, or just like using a mobile at the wheel, they’ll still be too many chancers.

Softly softly don’t work!

Plus, stewards are not doormen or bouncers, you’re just asking for trouble saying to have more and send them in like a snatch squad, untrained wannabe security facing off someone with 6 pints and a few lines in him ain’t going to solve a problem, it’ll only create more problems.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stewards can do the identifying then call over the police. They can be the eyes and ears, the mass boots on the ground, and then get the professionals, the police, to take away the racists.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Stolen from twitter:
@FootyHumour
Troy Deeney has played four times at home in the Premier League this season - every single appearance has come under a different manager.

Stat of the season!