Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surprised people are shocked by the move for Ancelotti. You look down his list of past clubs - Juve, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Napoli; Everton is the obvious next step, another massive club used to success :LOL: But seriously, I'm as baffled as anyone. Moshiri and Brands pull this one off and I'll be amazed, what an absolute coup, just refuse to believe it's real until it's official though. Hope if he does join he gets time to build HIS squad. The wage budget needs thinning out before we can make any big moves I'd have thought, the likes of Niasse, Martina, Schneiderlin, Tosun and then a number of the lads out on loan need to go permanently (Bolasie, Garbutt, Besic, Sandro and Thanisaj) but then Carlo will be able to start building a squad of his own. Exciting times!

Would much rather Ancelotti than Arteta too. Proven winner, has won trophies all over Europe. Arteta is completely unproven and seems to primarily be a big target because he's been working with Pep, that, to me does not guarantee success. He's a much riskier appointment, and for me, given Everton's current situation, exactly what we cannot afford. We want solidarity, experience and ultimately results, and that's what Ancelotti brings. He brings a proven system, lauded man management and defensive organisation, 3 things Marco Silva sorely lacked.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surprised people are shocked by the move for Ancelotti. You look down his list of past clubs - Juve, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Napoli; Everton is the obvious next step, another massive club used to success :LOL: But seriously, I'm as baffled as anyone. Moshiri and Brands pull this one off and I'll be amazed, what an absolute coup, just refuse to believe it's real until it's official though. Hope if he does join he gets time to build HIS squad. The wage budget needs thinning out before we can make any big moves I'd have thought, the likes of Niasse, Martina, Schneiderlin, Tosun and then a number of the lads out on loan need to go permanently (Bolasie, Garbutt, Besic, Sandro and Thanisaj) but then Carlo will be able to start building a squad of his own. Exciting times!

Would much rather Ancelotti than Arteta too. Proven winner, has won trophies all over Europe. Arteta is completely unproven and seems to primarily be a big target because he's been working with Pep, that, to me does not guarantee success. He's a much riskier appointment, and for me, given Everton's current situation, exactly what we cannot afford. We want solidarity, experience and ultimately results, and that's what Ancelotti brings. He brings a proven system, lauded man management and defensive organisation, 3 things Marco Silva sorely lacked.
I think he will do well for you.
Your squad is ok and he will organise it.
He’s a proven winner you never lose that mentality.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sky Sports pundits are saying how good the Liverpool kids are.
They're 4-0 down!
I must be missing something.
Well you know “ you never win anything with kids”
I think they are just being a bit soft on them.
Their friends and family will be watching so no slagging them off!

But they have been a bit unlucky. Villa keeper is mom up to now.
Some good lads for the future.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well you know “ you never win anything with kids”
I think they are just being a bit soft on them.
Their friends and family will be watching so no slagging them off!

But they have been a bit unlucky. Villa keeper is mom up to now.
Some good lads for the future.

Why would anyone slag them off ?

Average age just below 19 , couple of 16 year olds playing with Elliot one of the best on the pitch - their keeper seemed the busier of the two keepers

A couple of clinical finishes was the difference between a Prem team and a youth team.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Elliott kid with the top knot looked really good, the others not so good.
I know they were youngsters, but Sky just seemed to get a bit carried away.
No praise yet for the Villa reserve side.
But, I guess, it's only Aston Villa. :rolleyes:

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Average age just below 19 , couple of 16 year olds playing with Elliot one of the best on the pitch - their keeper seemed the busier of the two keepers

A couple of clinical finishes was the difference between a Prem team and a youth team.
Chill out Phil “your boys” have done you proud ????

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

You know what I meant .
Pundits have sharp tongues when it suits but tonight wasn’t one of them.

We were the best team until they scored.
Plenty of positives but against premier league players they were very unlucky.
2-0 would be more realistic. Imo.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Elliott kid with the top knot looked really good, the others not so good.
I know they were youngsters, but Sky just seemed to get a bit carried away.
No praise yet for the Villa reserve side.
But, I guess, it's only Aston Villa. :rolleyes:
Their journalists it’s their job to make it a story.
I does make you wonder how good the finishing was from Villa ,why can’t they do that in the prem.
Villa did a good job ,but the Story is the Kids.
Normally you would have a couple of youngsters in your team ,but to have 11 is something else.

Villa were favourites to win ,so not a surprise they did.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oxford or Colchester I might've agreed with you but Villa are a well experienced side with many international players who've all played to a decent level consistently for years. our lads are all young lads with limited experience.

I'm expecting Villa to win comfortably, I just hope our boys put a good performance in and try their best.

Oi!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thought it was a credible performance by the Liverpool kids but you could see there was a gap in experience in certain positions and in the quality of the finishing. 5-0 definitely flattered Villa but some of the Liverpool kids did their blossoming reputations no harm at all

D

Deleted member 15344

good to see Oxford giving City a better game than Arsenal did lol

Ancelotti getting a look at what hes let himself in for too

Someone said Everton getting Ancelotti is like getting Lewis Hamilton to race a Nissan Micra against F1 cars