Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Serious question. Where do you see your club at the end of this season and in three years time

expect were mid table end of this season, not in Europe next year and lose the few top class assets that are left, as for 3 years time, who knows, still in mid table is probably favourite :( cant see the current owners inputting the sort of cash needed that will see us back in the top 4, think we have enough resources/draw not to be down at the bottom but lets be honest the futures not bright currently compared to where we were 5+ years ago. club has destroyed so much asset value over the last few years of Wengers reign and the problems now being compounded with a lack of direction as to whats next from a board that clearly dont know what it takes to run a top football club and have no clear idea of the direction they should be taking

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have you actually read anything I have said. You said Pep don't like it when teams deliberately foul his players. No one else Said it but you. I asked you where Pep has said that. You couldn't answer it. It was your view and your view only. I said, no one else, but me. I said Quote, Pep sends his players out to disrupt opposition teams, players like Fernandinho. I admitted that. That's not rocket science. I admitted that Arteta probably said that. Where did I suggest it was behind the managers back? My guess is he is passing on the managers instructions. I have known for a couple of years that City's fouls per minute is the highest. But back to the origanal comment by you. Pep don't like it when his players are deliberately fouled like his players could others. Nope never read it anywhere but on here.

I think it's you mis-reading me.

I havent said that Pep doesnt like players fouling his players, I said he is happy for City to play lovely football, but when other teams try to do it against city, city just chop them down if they beat the press.

Wolf

Visit site
Not premier league related but has anyone seen Italys attempt at an anti racism campaign.. A picture of 3 monkey's with their faces painted.. What absolute moron thought thats a good idea ?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thing is, Arsenal have spent a boat load of cash over the last 3 to 5 years, but with no discernable recruitment strategy. More than enough to be challenging.

Emery was just the wrong hire.

Arteta will be interesting. Apparently he is far from a patsy, and is quite stubborn and willfull.

As,a long term hire, I would not be unhappy, but the board, the fans, the players need to write off this season, and may be next as well. View it as a 3 year rebuild project. Older players like Auba, Socratis, Luiz, Ozil and may be Laca will not be part of the process.

It is up to the board to convince the fans that there is a plan. This is the tough bit, as communication is not in their skillset.

D

Deleted member 1740

A massive night for our young lads away to an experienced side in Villa tonight, its not a fair tie but hopefully they give a good account of themselves.

Just a shame the EFL have made us play this game tonight.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A massive night for our young lads away to an experienced side in Villa tonight, its not a fair tie but hopefully they give a good account of themselves.

Just a shame the EFL have made us play this game tonight.
I think Villa is an ideal game for them. Not exactly pulling trees up themselves and know they're favourites to win so your lads can go out with total freedom to play and express themselves. Also a chance to put themselves in the shop window, not just to nudge Klopp but for any other club looking to buy in January

D

Deleted member 16999

Sky now reporting Ancelotti has agreed a 4 1/2 year contract with Everton, won’t believe it until I see the official club statement.

Also Sky: Pep confirms Arteta has held talks with Arsenal

D

Deleted member 1740

I think Villa is an ideal game for them. Not exactly pulling trees up themselves and know they're favourites to win so your lads can go out with total freedom to play and express themselves. Also a chance to put themselves in the shop window, not just to nudge Klopp but for any other club looking to buy in January

Oxford or Colchester I might've agreed with you but Villa are a well experienced side with many international players who've all played to a decent level consistently for years. our lads are all young lads with limited experience.

I'm expecting Villa to win comfortably, I just hope our boys put a good performance in and try their best.

D

Deleted member 1740

Sky now reporting Ancelotti has agreed a 4 1/2 year contract with Everton, won’t believe it until I see the official club statement.

It wouldnt be Everton if it never fell through and yous ended up with Moyes??s

D

Deleted member 15344

I think that’s unreal - you would expect the two appointments to be the other way around

Criminal that Arsenal are ignoring Ancelotti

D

Deleted member 16999

I think that’s unreal - you would expect the two appointments to be the other way around

Criminal that Arsenal are ignoring Ancelotti
Steve McClaren on Sky saying Arteta is a perfect fit for Arsenal being that he’s an Ex-Arsenal player:rolleyes:

If only we knew were they signed him from?:unsure:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bit harsh on the Reds young lads.
But no matter what level you play you must take your chances.
They looked nervous and if we had scored they may have folded.
First two bit lucky but clinical finishing from Villa.
Think the lads have played well with no rewards as yet.

D

Deleted member 15344

Sky Sports pundits are saying how good the Liverpool kids are.
They're 4-0 down!
I must be missing something.
Because the scoreline is flattering Villa and some of them are playing very well.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know the scoreline is flattering, I just think the pundits went a little over the top.
Quite happy to reserve judgement until it's all over.
It's certainly a step up for them and great experience as long as the score doesn't get silly, which I'm sure it won't.