Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think that it should be a bit like the rugby where they can give anyone a yellow "for the next foul" when they are obviously systematically doing it as a tactic. Obviously the one who does the foul gets the booking.

Similar to when Herrera was sent off at Cheslea a few years ago because the Man U players were fouling Hazard every time he got in dangerous positions.

Most players get away with 2/3/4 fouls before they get booked, but this can shorten it if they are doing it willfully, as they normally take it in turns.

Pep is seen as a football purist, but he only loves beautiful football when his team play it, and stops others playing it at source.

Your views do not reflect his, if it is accepted ( by him) that his players do it I would love to see a quote where he says he don't like it against his teams. I saw a piece a few weeks ago where an Arsenal player let an opposition player literally walk past him, they went on and scored. Said commentator said David Luis should of "took one for the team". It is an accepted part of the game. Whether we like it or not.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Spurs took taking one for the team to the next level yesterday. Took turns kicking Traore up in the air yesterday. Stuart Attwell was too spineless to crack down on it early.

25 different players have been booked this season trying to stop him. Just cynical fouls, he'll be seriously injured one day.

Yes, I noticed the number of cynical fouls committed by Spurs. Jose already implementing his tactics.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Your views do not reflect his, if it is accepted ( by him) that his players do it I would love to see a quote where he says he don't like it against his teams. I saw a piece a few weeks ago where an Arsenal player let an opposition player literally walk past him, they went on and scored. Said commentator said David Luis should of "took one for the team". It is an accepted part of the game. Whether we like it or not.

I've recently seen footage where Arteta is telling (possibly sterling and Silva) to foul, may have been on here, so its out there, and if you can't spot it, your blind. No there isnt a quote that he doesnt like it against his teams, but in essence it's exactly the case.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yes, I noticed the number of cynical fouls committed by Spurs. Jose already implementing his tactics.
To be fair, the first time I really noticed tactical fouling was the first time I saw us play spurs under poch (the season Leicester won the league). Press high, win the ball or foul. I think Jose has just reawakened that habit.
The way football is going, it should consider a team foul count like basketball. After, say, 5 team fouls the oppo nominates a non keeper for 10 mins in the bin.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Desperately seeking manager who can stop a defence giving away comical goals. does not allow the opposition all the time and space in the world to do what they like with the ball can get ozil playing, inject some sort pasion, enthusiasm, and motivate players on 300k a week to give everything for Arsenal.
if you want a defensive type of manager then Chris Houghton is yer man .

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spurs took taking one for the team to the next level yesterday. Took turns kicking Traore up in the air yesterday. Stuart Attwell was too spineless to crack down on it early.

25 different players have been booked this season trying to stop him. Just cynical fouls, he'll be seriously injured one day.
LIke Gomez at Everton,Son hacked him down from behind no attempt for the ball = yellow.
The lads out for a very long time.

Swango1980

Visit site
I've only watched 1 minute of MOTD2, and seen 3 fouls (and bookings) on Traore from Spurs.

Jose opening his box of dirty tricks early doors.
I can see the laws changing at some point, so that if it is clear a player slide tackles another player with no intent to win the ball at all, automatic red card. Still yellow for a deliberate shirt pull, but when you see Traore getting hacked down at that pace, it seems only a matter of time before he dislocates something or gets some nasty ligament damage. I wouldn't mind red cards for this. On the flip side, I'd love to see referees NOT giving fouls when it is clear a player who is shielding a ball, awaits any sort of contact from the opposition behind, and then throws themselves to the ground knowing they'll get a free kick. Fair enough if they hack them down from behind, but the defending player just uses this tactic as a Get Out of Jail free card every time when under any sort of pressure.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can see the laws changing at some point, so that if it is clear a player slide tackles another player with no intent to win the ball at all, automatic red card. Still yellow for a deliberate shirt pull, but when you see Traore getting hacked down at that pace, it seems only a matter of time before he dislocates something or gets some nasty ligament damage. I wouldn't mind red cards for this. On the flip side, I'd love to see referees NOT giving fouls when it is clear a player who is shielding a ball, awaits any sort of contact from the opposition behind, and then throws themselves to the ground knowing they'll get a free kick. Fair enough if they hack them down from behind, but the defending player just uses this tactic as a Get Out of Jail free card every time when under any sort of pressure.
I'm sure someone will say they are "nice people" and don't do that at all.....and it's all a mistake;)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I've recently seen footage where Arteta is telling (possibly sterling and Silva) to foul, may have been on here, so its out there, and if you can't spot it, your blind. No there isnt a quote that he doesnt like it against his teams, but in essence it's exactly the case.

So no evidence means it's the case. In Manchester we call that a tumble weed moment.
You said Pep dont like it but as you said his team promotes it. Of course they do. It's not exactly new news. What is new is you saying Pep dont like it but cannot justify the comment.

That aside you quoted Arteta. Get used to Arsenal doing the same for the rest of the season Coz Arteta is having his final interview with Kronke tonight. Will be gutted to see him go.

D

Deleted member 15344

City clearly go after the tactical foul - especially Fernandino and Walker , both should have had a lot more cards than either have had over the years. And as you say when it’s against City plenty of complaining City especially Pep. He was like it when he was at Barce as well

In other news - how the hell are Arsenal letting Ancelotti go to Everton whilst they go for Arteta ?!?!? Madness to give the job to a number two who have zero experience as a manager. There must be some great drugs going around Arsenal

Fish

Banned
Visit site
the main consideration should be Kroenke and how he runs his franchise, sadly that is likely to limit our appeal :( not sure it gets us below Everton still though lol

It would seem highly likely that Carlo is Everton bound, that’s if personally terms and length of contract can be agreed, it’s also a request of Everton’s that Big Dunc is kept as part of his staff, which I’m not too sure about, they could have 2 very different approaches to things!

if not, I think Moyes will get it short term, but then wouldn’t that be a kick down under for Dunc, if they can’t get a long term manager signed then why not keep Dunc on?

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm surprised Arsenal have gone for the inexperienced Arteta, I'm not too sure hes what they need.

Everton will have done well to land Ancellotti.

D

Deleted member 15344

It would seem highly likely that Carlo is Everton bound, that’s if personally terms and length of contract can be agreed, it’s also a request of Everton’s that Big Dunc is kept as part of his staff, which I’m not too sure about, they could have 2 very different approaches to things!

if not, I think Moyes will get it short term, but then wouldn’t that be a kick down under for Dunc, if they can’t get a long term manager signed then why not keep Dunc on?

Ferguson has said he doesn’t want the job yet - not ready to take it on full time as he has more to learn.

If Everton get Ancelotti and he is allowed to get in who he wants then Everton have the potential to challenge the likes of Chelsea , Wolves , Man Utd in those 4-8 spots

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Ferguson has said he doesn’t want the job yet - not ready to take it on full time as he has more to learn.

If Everton get Ancelotti and he is allowed to get in who he wants then Everton have the potential to challenge the likes of Chelsea , Wolves , Man Utd in those 4-8 spots

But do you think Carlo & Dunc could work together, Dunc is a strong character, and as you say, even though he’s a novice manager, I think his enthusiasm could be a distraction not wanted by Carlo.

I agree, with the right manager & backing they could challenge those in that group 5-8, not sure about top 4, but you can’t rule anything out, our new signings in January will be key to us pushing on, irrelevant of what happens Sunday.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So no evidence means it's the case. In Manchester we call that a tumble weed moment.
You said Pep dont like it but as you said his team promotes it. Of course they do. It's not exactly new news. What is new is you saying Pep dont like it but cannot justify the comment.

That aside you quoted Arteta. Get used to Arsenal doing the same for the rest of the season Coz Arteta is having his final interview with Kronke tonight. Will be gutted to see him go.

So the FACT that his assistant has clearly encouraged his players to deliberately foul, you think it is somehow behind the managers back, and despite city's fouls per minutes when outside of possession is one of the highest, you dont think it is how it is playing out that way?

We can all have opinions without facts without necessarily having evidence available especially in subjective situations, allied to using a bit of the grey matter.

I'm sure if you asked premiership fans who they think are the worst at tactical fouling, I think 90% would say city are the worst. It was also said about Barca, when, yes you guessed it, Pep was in charge.

Draw your own conclusions then - what are they? Opinion, without fact will do.

D

Deleted member 15344

So CL draw today

Some tasty games

Dortmund v PSG
Real Madrid v Man City
Atalanta v Valencia
Chelsea v Bayern Munich
Atletico Madrid v Liverpool
Lyon v Juventus
Tottenham v RB Leipzig
Napoli v Barcelona

Spurs could find Leipzig a tough opponent , City with a tough one , we will find Atlético a hard opponent and Chelsea getting a really bad one

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Confirmed: Josh Kroenke is meeting with Mikel Arteta tomorrow to offer him the Arsenal job.

Arteta will formally request that Man City terminate his contract, which has 18 months left to run. Arsenal will pay around £1million in compensation if all goes ahead as planned.

Brendan Rodgers and Mauricio Pochettino were Arsenal’s first choices, but Rodgers signed a new deal with Leicester and Pochettino declined the offer.

Patrick Vieira, Roberto Martinez and Marcelino were all interviewed in some capacity, but the Kroenke family prefer Arteta.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
So CL draw today

Some tasty games

Dortmund v PSG
Real Madrid v Man City
Atalanta v Valencia
Chelsea v Bayern Munich
Atletico Madrid v Liverpool
Lyon v Juventus
Tottenham v RB Leipzig
Napoli v Barcelona

Spurs could find Leipzig a tough opponent , City with a tough one , we will find Atlético a hard opponent and Chelsea getting a really bad one

Away to Ajax was supposed to be a deadly result for, but we surprised everyone, sometimes the bigger fixtures bring out the best in players, we can only live in hope.

D

Deleted member 15344

Away to Ajax was supposed to be a deadly result for, but we surprised everyone, sometimes the bigger fixtures bring out the best in players, we can only live in hope.

Bayern are a big step up from Ajax - and they have just finished the group with the best record ever - they are flying in the CL right now.