Powakaddy fw7 - struggling up hills

Caithalan

Visit site
Hi. Just bought my first electric trolley and picked up a 2nd hand powakaddy fw7 with a 3 month old lead acid battery. Trolley is in excellent condition but when set to 5 or 6 (normal walking pace) and I get to a hill it slows down to a crawl. I turn the dial to 7 or 8 and it goes up the hill with no issues. I just turn it back down at the top or it's going too fast. Is this normal?

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
get the battery checked and see how easy you can turn the wheels by hand.

i had a new Powakaddy that was slow. i dismantled the motor and gearbox. there was a load of pinkish wadding in the gearbox which i removed.

rebuilt with silicon grease and its been free running and fine for 3 years.

i wrote to Powakaddy , not to claim, but to let them know in case it had affected other new machines - no response.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
It's normal, just like driving a car, you have to vary the amount of acceleration to go up and down hills.

It may be worth checking the battery though as they do lose power over time, but I would think a 3 month old one should be ok.

Caithalan

Visit site
It's normal, just like driving a car, you have to vary the amount of acceleration to go up and down hills.

It may be worth checking the battery though as they do lose power over time, but I would think a 3 month old one should be ok.

Thanks for responding. I wasn't 100% sure.

Caithalan

Visit site
get the battery checked and see how easy you can turn the wheels by hand.

i had a new Powakaddy that was slow. i dismantled the motor and gearbox. there was a load of pinkish wadding in the gearbox which i removed.

rebuilt with silicon grease and its been free running and fine for 3 years.

i wrote to Powakaddy , not to claim, but to let them know in case it had affected other new machines - no response.

Thanks Drdel, I'll give that a go and see if it improves.