Powakaddy Batteries

tomshanks

Hacker
Visit site
Afternoon all

Looking for a bit of advice on replacement batteries for my Powakaddy FW3. I've currently got a 18 hole plug n play lead acid battery that is coming to the end of its life (full charge is lasting about 15 holes).

A like for like replacement is about £90. The Lithium versions are understandably more but have a 5 year warranty. Are there any issues with swapping to a lithium battery? I assume I'll have to invest in a new charger?

Is there a Tesco value option for going with a non Powakaddy repalcement? I have googled but found it all a bit confusing.

Thanks

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No issues swapping to Lithium, no reason not to apart from cost (and little reason on that over time). No need to buy Powakaddys own battery either, just make sure you have the right connector. Yes you need a different charger

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
There’s usually an add in the back of golf mags for alternate batteries. Lithium depletes 3% year on year so worth getting and extended life one if you can stretch to it.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Replaced mine with an 18 hole LitePower Lithium 4 years ago, still can squeeze 36 holes out of it if necessary.

Probably, going be be double the cost of your replacement though.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Just to make you aware if you were change your mind.
The Powakaddy 5 year warranty operates on a sliding scale, if your battery packs up in the final year of warranty you only get 20% value back against a replacement, not as good as it first appears, is it.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just to make you aware if you were change your mind.
The Powakaddy 5 year warranty operates on a sliding scale, if your battery packs up in the final year of warranty you only get 20% value back against a replacement, not as good as it first appears, is it.

A lot of the lithium warranties are like that. The Liberty one is different, they just offer a straight 2 year warranty. After 5 years, mine still does 36 holes without issue.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
My Motocaddy 18 hole lithium battery lasted almost exactly 5 years before packing in. I now have an aftermarket 36 hole one for about half the price of Motocaddy including charger and works brilliantly.