Potential Golf Monthly Website Forum MyGolfRanking league...

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
I don’t know if any of you are aware of MyGolfRanking, but I’ve been doing a little bit of work for them over the last year. Basically, the service they offer is a free-of-charge ranking system for club golfers devised by the same person who created the system for the World Amateur Golf Rankings used by The R&A and the USGA to rate the world’s best amateurs.

You can find out more about it here…

https://mygolfranking.net/

The free-to-use system has been up and running for three years with over 800 clubs already registered. It uses a player’s home club competition results, so there are no extra events to play – just your normal competition schedule.

Now, with Mike Harris’ blessing, MyGolfRanking would like to set up a Golf Monthly Website Forum league, if there is sufficient interest among you good folk!

The idea is that, in a group of keen golfers who don’t actually tee it up competitively with one another that often, it would allow certain individuals to claim ‘bragging rights’ based on mathematical certainty rather than potentially overstated hearsay or speculation!

Your home club would ideally need to be registered with MyGolfRanking, who would then automatically be fed the competition results directly when they are processed. However, it may be possible to access your competition results even if your club is not registered.

If you would be interested in taking part, please post below with your name and home club. I will then be able to check whether or not your club is registered. It would also be handy to indicate which results software system your club uses if you happen to know.

You will also need to sign up individually for free via the link below, regardless of whether or not your home club is registered…

https://mygolfranking.net/register/

The first year would probably be a little experimental, but if there is enough interest, it could grow into something more down the line, and we may even be able to rustle up some prizes for the end of this season too!

Any queries, post away below…

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Phil Coumbe
Leighton Buzzard GC
HDID ( but might be changing )

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Thanks everyone so far.

I will be monitoring things over the next few days and see where we're at then.

Relatively few home clubs of those who have replied so far are MGR-registered, but we will look to see how we can address that in due course.

Bear with me for a little while as we try to piece it all together!

D

Deleted member 1147

James Robinson
Kedleston Park Golf Club - doesn't appear to be on the system
Intelligent Golf