Potential Golf Monthly Website Forum MyGolfRanking league...

D

Deleted member 15344

Hopefully, on both counts.

I'm hoping that Mike's name will appear some time tomorrow - fingers crossed not above me though!

Now that could be worth a lot of kudos in the office :D

Would be worth running a little book on who would be top dog :whoo:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Should there not be a single start date, my first comp is showing as October but now people are enquiring about September, if it's a numbers game surely there has to a be a single start date or the points gained mean nothing!?

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Should there not be a single start date, my first comp is showing as October but now people are enquiring about September, if it's a numbers game surely there has to a be a single start date or the points gained mean nothing!?

It's a rolling thing and the first year, as suggested in the OP, will be experimental, so please bear with it. Normally, if a club signed up there would be a set starting date from when the club signed up, which would be the same for all club members, but with everyone coming from different clubs - some of whom have been signed up for ages - it's not quite so easy

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You're right - it doesn't make sense :)

Please explain and I will investigate whatever the problem might be, although not sure what it might be as your name is up there with a ranking and a points total?

I've written and re-written this multiple times and it's still gibberish, but this is the best I can do. :eek:

My profile page...

image.jpg

The page of the "me" in my golf club's player list...

image.jpg

It looks like they are being treated as 2 separate people, one registered and one not.

I'm asking if I can tell the system that the unregistered player in the second pic is me, so the events etc appear on my page?

If I'm still not explaining very well it doesn't matter. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the site works.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I've written and re-written this multiple times and it's still gibberish, but this is the best I can do. :eek:

My profile page...

View attachment 18630

The page of the "me" in my golf club's player list...

View attachment 18631

It looks like they are being treated as 2 separate people, one registered and one not.

I'm asking if I can tell the system that the unregistered player in the second pic is me, so the events etc appear on my page?

If I'm still not explaining very well it doesn't matter. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the site works.

I understand your frustration, I'm not finding it very easy to navigate around the site, I can find my club now and see my name listed within it and being awarded points etc, but I'm not sure if I still need to register with my own club? It allows me to start the registration process but I've never "sent" it yet, as I'm unsure if I need to?

It's also like in my profile if I select my groups or my clubs nothing comes up, yet I'm in the GM Gtoup and can be seen in my Coventry GC!

I know and understand it may be all because of work in progress but it makes it all a little difficult to follow & understand at the minute.

I've never found how to get to that GM page, I have to use Karen's link.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I understand your frustration, I'm not finding it very easy to navigate around the site, I can find my club now and see my name listed within it and being awarded points etc, but I'm not sure if I still need to register with my own club? It allows me to start the registration process but I've never "sent" it yet, as I'm unsure if I need to?

I think I've done that, but I don't know if the request is sent to my club or the MGR team.

I'll just go with the flow. It'll probably be around May/June by the time I've played enough counting events to see where I stand anyway.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I think I've done that, but I don't know if the request is sent to my club or the MGR team.

I'll just go with the flow. It'll probably be around May/June by the time I've played enough counting events to see where I stand anyway.

That's why I didn't follow through with sending the request, I wasn't sure where it went or if it could duplicate anything already done!

I think the only thing you can take any notice of is the points at your club currently as the GM "league" is distorted by variable start dates!

Sponge1980

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I seem to be in 3rd place somehow, I'm guessing it has carried over my points from last season as the last medal I played would have been September I think.

I think I might just declare now as I doubt I'll be there at the end of the season.

sportsbob

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Jezz are you adding us the forum corporate group or is there another way for us to do add ourselves, I have hunted and hunted and cannot see how to request being added to MGR Golf Monthly Forum

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
I've just had an updated look and can see my club (Coventry) must now be registered as it's showing a Stableford comp on the 20th Feb with all the runners & riders given points, however, I won that competition and it would seem I'm the only player missing in the list, and as such, the rankings :confused:

I am showing in the October 2015 medal though so I only have those points plus the bonus points associated to me?

most unlike you to have technical issues Robin ;)

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Jezz are you adding us the forum corporate group or is there another way for us to do add ourselves, I have hunted and hunted and cannot see how to request being added to MGR Golf Monthly Forum

You can't - they need to do that, but it's not as straightforward with unregistered clubs as with those who are registered with MGR.

They are working through the HDID clubs, but if you were able to let me know when you played your last qualifying comp, that might expedite things.

sportsbob

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You can't - they need to do that, but it's not as straightforward with unregistered clubs as with those who are registered with MGR.

They are working through the HDID clubs, but if you were able to let me know when you played your last qualifying comp, that might expedite things.

Thanks Jezz - 25 September (which was a shocker) and before that 21st August (which was moderate). Can you ask them to get rid of 'Oake Manor2' as I believe I generated that by mistake having not seen the club on their previously - sorry

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
FYI for everyone, we are still working things out on various fronts, e.g. trying to establish whether we are able to have set start and finish dates, or a rolling start, which would even itself out by the end of the year given that it's done on a 52-week cycle

I'm leaning towards the former now as I've just noticed that Mike is a new entry straight into the top 10 :)

But we will let you know in due course

In the meantime, if anyone from an HDID club not yet signed up to MGR has entered but not yet appeared, if you let me know the date of your last qualifying comp, that will apparently make it significantly easier.

Finally, for those querying how to get to see what are still very provisional rankings...

From the rankings tab select 'Corporate'

Then select 'MGR Golf Monthly Forum' from the pull-down menu and click on 'search'

The rankings sit below the video and intro para that then appear

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi Jezz, I played a qualifier at Ashford (Kent) Golf Club on Wednesday 2nd March. I'm Chris Dorsett - I hope that this helps