Posture question (humour me)

AxelBenito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a lesson today and I was told to stand further away from the ball, about 6" further, and it feels really strange, but I guess I just need to get used to it.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
A length of rope around the neck and tied to a line post is cheaper.

Anything is better than that contraption... wouldn't want to take that to the range!!!

There's a plastic thing shaped like a letter T that works equally as well for gauging your distances. You could probably use one of Bob's things, I'm sure it's got 'measurement markings' on it.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anything is better than that contraption... wouldn't want to take that to the range!!!

There's a plastic thing shaped like a letter T that works equally as well for gauging your distances. You could probably use one of Bob's things, I'm sure it's got 'measurement markings' on it.

I have no intention of taking such a thing to the range. However, a homemade version could be interesting, but I need to know the ideal height.

It's not distance from the ball I'm interested in, it's spine angle.....

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have no intention of taking such a thing to the range. However, a homemade version could be interesting, but I need to know the ideal height.

Get HID to hold a clubshaft ontop your head as you swing. In case of non cooperation apply for an out of work teenager to do it as work experience, in the guise of the oppertunity of becoming a tour pro.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

Just stand sideways to the patio window to check your reflection and make a few light swingsover an old scrap of carpet. If you keep your chin down and let your left shoulder swing under you it will help you stay in your spine angle (think of the back of your head being parallel to the ground, it won't be but it's a good thought)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Shirley spine angle has to change with every different length of club?

You could always get a protractor on the screen looking at pro's postures on Youtube.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shirley spine angle has to change with every different length of club?

You could always get a protractor on the screen looking at pro's postures on Youtube.

Probably, and please don't call me Shirley. :)

I agree, but what I'm after is a general "ball park" idea for the construction of my gadget....

If I take my posture facing a wall, and have my feet 25cm away from the base of the wall, my head is 148-150cm above the ground. That will be the height of my thingumybob....

See, I'm not just a pretty face, but also a mad man.... :)