Posting golf clubs

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As a serial buyer and seller of clubs..... 🙄🙄🙄🙄
I have done my fair share of posting. Upon my recent sale I was a bit hacked off that I had to send a set of irons to Germany. I went to the post office, just for convenience and they wanted £90! I quickly said errrr no thanks and moved on. My Hermes is usually my next port of call, but the buyer said they are pretty unreliable and recommended UPS. So I registered and ended up selecting a standard service for £15. Printed the label, dropped it off in a shop up the road on Wednesday afternoon. Anyway, it’s been signed for today! How’s that for service!
Will use UPS again! Just thought I would share!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We use ups a lot at work. Always competitive price wise, good network, good tracking. Like others they also have drop off points for non business people.

Not saying they are the best but they are better than most.

Rustique

Hacker
Visit site
Royal mail are very unprofessional in recent years
Lost a few of my postings and refused insurance claims using small print that is subjective to say the least
They lost a G15 driver a few years ago the took me 3 weeks to find with constant pressure at out local sorting office
They tried to blame me for not picking it up ,no card left so how would I know ?
One guy did actually dig through the unknown section for what I told him was about 1400 mm long parcel and likely found it.
They actually make Hermes look good at the moment lol

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Always been royal mail for me but since the privatisation its gone down hill I still use for small packages to UK or international but any bigger items I use yodel or MyHermes

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
There are other shipping agents (who combine many items into a single consignment for shipping to the target country, then distribute them individually, that are 'better value' and still use 'the optimum' actual shippers for overseas purchasers.

Parcel Monkey has always been very reliable and competitive for me! There are probably more of their ilk, as I haven't sent anything abroad for quite a while!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sold some clubs on Ebay and sent a Callaway 3 Fairway via Parcel Farce. I had packed it very well, to the point of overkill, when it arrived the lad said it was broken and sent me photos, the only way it could've been damaged the way it was, was if it had been bent. Will not use Parcel Farce again to send anything out.

image1.jpg

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
People moan about them but I've sent well over 200 parcels via the MyHermes network in the last few years and I experience a failure rate of less than 1/2 of 1%
I don't think that's too shabby bearing in mind the costs.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
People moan about them but I've sent well over 200 parcels via the MyHermes network in the last few years and I experience a failure rate of less than 1/2 of 1%
I don't think that's too shabby bearing in mind the costs.

I'm with you on this too👍
Never ever had an issue with myhermes
So will continue to use until I do

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm with you on this too👍
Never ever had an issue with myhermes
So will continue to use until I do

Although I have used Myhermes a lot of the years, I stopped for a while about 5 years back when they delivered a sand wedge to me like this:

737054_10200513942708772_1411314757_o.jpg

How NOT to package, send and deliver a club.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Although I have used Myhermes a lot of the years, I stopped for a while about 5 years back when they delivered a sand wedge to me like this:

View attachment 25049

How NOT to package, send and deliver a club.
That's actually quite funny. Maybe because it isn't mine.

It all comes down to the guy in the van, and each company has their idiots. At work we use Hermes, but our distribution director has used so many different ones in previous jobs, 'they are all the same' in his opinion.

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
I used to be a regular myhermes user but it's a real lottery on the quality of the delivery drivers and had a couple of near misses in the past but thankfully I was dealing with honest buyers.
I now tend to use parcelforce and they seem to have discount codes often if booked online.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Well a mixed week for me. Sent something out (not golf) by myhermes and that was delivered with no issues, but for the item I was originally expecting to receive yesterday (same carrier)

Time and date Place Message
Thursday, 31. Jan 2019 7:08 AM Bridgwater Routed to incorrect depot
Thursday, 31. Jan 2019 6:20 AM Swindon On its way to the courier
Wednesday, 30. Jan 2019 8:54 PM Swindon At the customers local depot
Wednesday, 30. Jan 2019 11:42 AM Northern At the national sorting hub
Wednesday, 30. Jan 2019 8:47 AM Northern At the national sorting hub
Wednesday, 30. Jan 2019 8:46 AM Northern At the national sorting hub
Tuesday, 29. Jan 2019 7:16 PM Liverpool Entered the Hermes network
Tuesday, 29. Jan 2019 3:19 PM N/A Collected from the ParcelShop

Probably be held up by the snow next :(

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
As a serial buyer and seller of clubs..... 🙄🙄🙄🙄
I have done my fair share of posting. Upon my recent sale I was a bit hacked off that I had to send a set of irons to Germany. I went to the post office, just for convenience and they wanted £90! I quickly said errrr no thanks and moved on. My Hermes is usually my next port of call, but the buyer said they are pretty unreliable and recommended UPS. So I registered and ended up selecting a standard service for £15. Printed the label, dropped it off in a shop up the road on Wednesday afternoon. Anyway, it’s been signed for today! How’s that for service!
Will use UPS again! Just thought I would share!
That’s good to know but generally I never send abroad.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well done mate. First step to combating it is admitting to it.

Proud of you.

Group hugz

New club joined this week so the new bat buying will have to go on hold for a bit.... At least, that’s my excuse for now 👍😂😂😂

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Well a mixed week for me. Sent something out (not golf) by myhermes and that was delivered with no issues, but for the item I was originally expecting to receive yesterday (same carrier)

Time and date Place Message
Thursday, 31. Jan 2019 7:08 AM Bridgwater Routed to incorrect depot
Thursday, 31. Jan 2019 6:20 AM Swindon On its way to the courier
Wednesday, 30. Jan 2019 8:54 PM Swindon At the customers local depot
Wednesday, 30. Jan 2019 11:42 AM Northern At the national sorting hub
Wednesday, 30. Jan 2019 8:47 AM Northern At the national sorting hub
Wednesday, 30. Jan 2019 8:46 AM Northern At the national sorting hub
Tuesday, 29. Jan 2019 7:16 PM Liverpool Entered the Hermes network
Tuesday, 29. Jan 2019 3:19 PM N/A Collected from the ParcelShop

Probably be held up by the snow next :(

Myhermes have always been dreadful for me, I always hate when anyone uses them or Yodel. I personally always send via DPD or Parcelforce at a push. No issues to date.

This is a putter I'm currently waiting on, absolute joke of a company. It's only been a few days but due to the depot error there's no chance it will be delivered this week so it will be a week + for delivery of something that was supposed to have next day delivery.

01/02/201902:54 Routed to incorrect depot
31/01/201919:11 Delay, please allow 24 hours
31/01/201906:06 On its way to the courier
30/01/201914:17 At the national sorting hub
29/01/201917:31 Entered the Hermes network
29/01/201917:30 Entered the Hermes network
28/01/201917:39 Dropped off at the ParcelShop
27/01/201912:53 Order placed