Postage Costs?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a few items I need to sell on the old Ebay and I wondered if any seasoned wheeler dealers out there can give me a rough idea on what the postage costs will be? I normally entrust them to the post office as method of choice.

1. A whole set - golf bag with 13 clubs inside.
2. A set of seven irons.
3. A single gap wedge - from selling a single club before though I believe this to be around £12?

Cheers guys.

Sidsidgwick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you go with a courier such as MyHermes then the cost will be significantly less:

Single iron is around £5
Seven irons will be around £9
Bag with clubs-£15ish although need to keep an eye on maximum length and weight they accept.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It depends on who you use.

I have used my myhermes for years and the cost for up to 2kg (2 clubs for example) is £3.99 it increase if you want to insure above £20 and get a signature

You can get quotes for myhermes without registering you just need to now the weight, size and any two postcodes. I use my own and my sons just to get a cost.

Remember to factor in the weight of the packaging boxes for bags are quite heavy in postage terms.

If you are using Parcel Farce then it all pretty much starts at £11.70 (from memory) again you can get a quote online.

D

Deleted Member 1156

When you list an item on the bay I thought it suggested a recommended postage price based on Royal Mail prices?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I sent 100 golf balls via myHermes last week. Cost was £6.79 and that included getting signed for. The weight was just under 5 kgs.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've used the new Shutl service on e bay with no issues, I now prefer to use the UPS service through this rather then myherpes or parcelforce.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I had a full set complete with bag delivered recently by Hermes, the delivery cost on ebay was £5.99 which is what I assume the seller was charged.

Admittedly they were vintage but the driver and 5 wood were metal headed so the length of modern clubs.
Packaging wasn't the best but it did the job. Basically all the clubs were put into the bag heads first, this was about a 9 inch diameter bag so a bit cramped but driver/woods first and irons after. The whole lot was then wrapped in black polythene and taped up so the bag was effectively the protection for the clubs, with grips sticking out but wrapped.

Being Hermes, when they found nobody was in they left the package out of sight by the front window rather than leave with a neighbour or deliver another day, luckily it wasn't raining.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can get quotes for myhermes without registering you just need to now the weight, size and any two postcodes. I use my own and my sons just to get a cost.

Remember to factor in the weight of the packaging boxes for bags are quite heavy in postage terms.

I have no idea how much the bag with all the clubs weigh, that's sort of why I was asking. Got no means to weigh them at home.

When you list an item on the bay I thought it suggested a recommended postage price based on Royal Mail prices?

I'm not sure, I thought it just made suggestions of postal cost based on other similar items others had listed and what they had put as the postal cost. Some people just make up the post fees though I reckon, I was hoping to ask people here who had posted stuff and knew the costs more accurately.

A few of you saying go with My Hermes but I've seen some shocking reports of their work on this forum!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have no idea how much the bag with all the clubs weigh, that's sort of why I was asking. Got no means to weigh them at home.

!

What no bathroom scales to check your own weight?

Stand on the scales note weight, stand on the scales parcel in hand note the weight deduct the first from the latter and you have the weight of the parcel.

The bag with clubs can go straight on the scales.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What no bathroom scales to check your own weight?

Stand on the scales note weight, stand on the scales parcel in hand note the weight deduct the first from the latter and you have the weight of the parcel.

The bag with clubs can go straight on the scales.

Haha that's good thinking. That'll give me the weight in stones, no idea how to adjust the scales to kilos! :rofl:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a few items I need to sell on the old Ebay and I wondered if any seasoned wheeler dealers out there can give me a rough idea on what the postage costs will be? I normally entrust them to the post office as method of choice.

1. A whole set - golf bag with 13 clubs inside.
2. A set of seven irons.
3. A single gap wedge - from selling a single club before though I believe this to be around £12?

Cheers guys.

id personally send the whole set and 7 irons by parcel force

but the wedge id send by hermes

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
id personally send the whole set and 7 irons by parcel force

but the wedge id send by hermes
But you don't know how much it would be? Given that nobody has given an estimate on it so far I figured most people are using My Hermes to send this kind of thing. I'll probably go for that. To be honest, it's an old Slazenger starter set, people are not going to want to pay a big delivery fee for it.

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But you don't know how much it would be? Given that nobody has given an estimate on it so far I figured most people are using My Hermes to send this kind of thing. I'll probably go for that. To be honest, it's an old Slazenger starter set, people are not going to want to pay a big delivery fee for it.

ok the irons you should be easy via hermes as the length should fit as no driver

id say between £6-8

the single club would be £4

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

See my post No 8.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Most standard golf box parcels in parcel force are£11.75 this goes up depending on the weight or value of compensation.

sent 4/pw last week cost £14.95

bag of clubs I would only be guessing .

Have dealt with my Hermes and would not use them again.