Selling clubs on eBay - postage/compensation costs

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Follow Orikoru's instuctions, and you will be able to use Hermes. Use eBay Packlink and you will be able to insure the club for the full price you were paid at a really competitive rate.
The advantages are
Lower cost.
eBay automatically offer compensation for the full selling price.
eBay autofill the address provided by the buyer
eBay provide the tracking for the buyer
A choice of shippers (limited by package size)
If you use the enhanced compensation then by some miracle they appear to have less inclination to lose or damage it.
To use Packlink. After selling click on print label, ignore the royal mail and scroll down to the link for packlink. Follow the instructions.

Didn’t know that about eBay offering full compo, will check it out, thanks ??

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I use Packlink / Hermes because high delivery costs really do put off potential buyers, including me. I have had one instance where a set of irons were lost & three out of 5 packages I sent on the same day arrived with the contents missing. In all these cases I was reimbursed in full. In fact, in the cases of the missing contents, both Packlink & the insurers both reimbursed the P & P costs so I actually made a profit.

Once, Hermes charged me extra because a package was allegedly too long. I made a claim via PayPal, which Hermes didn't contest & I got my money back.

Having had similar problems with Royal Mail I am happy to continue my love / hate relationship with good old Hermes, they may be unreliable but at least they're cheap & unreliable.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
The problem with Hermes is that as I understand it, if the guy delivering doesn't deliver the item, they won't get paid for it. That's why the parcels are often left in 'safe places' like under your doormat, in a bin, behind a bush, etc :ROFLMAO: But I don't think it is just Hermes who do this, in fairness.

I have used them previously without any issues... But I have ordered things online that have used Hermes, and things have gone walkabout.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My daughter ordered some clothes before we went on holiday. They never turned up on time, so she resigned herself to getting them when we returned. We got back to find a card from Hermes thru the door saying they had been left in the recycling bin. Looked in the bin, it was empty. Turned out our helpful next door neighbour had put the bin out when we were away.

Phoned the tip, no parcel. Contacted Hermes who were not interested and refused any compensation.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surely the vendor has to compensate?

It is in both companies terms and conditions to which you agree before using the service

Hermes state leaving in 'safe place' is deamed to have fulfilled the contract.
Paypal/ebay say if a tracked service is used the seller has fulfilled their contract.

If you see the seller uses a delivery company you do not like you can chose not to buy from them.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It is in both companies terms and conditions to which you agree before using the service

Hermes state leaving in 'safe place' is deamed to have fulfilled the contract.
Paypal/ebay say if a tracked service is used the seller has fulfilled their contract.

If you see the seller uses a delivery company you do not like you can chose not to buy from them.

Putting items unsecured in a re-cycling bin is not a "safe place".