Possible new irons!!

dazzaj25

Hacker
Visit site
Morning all,

so ive got my handicapp back after 6 - 7 years without playing and its come in at 16. Not so bad i didnt think. Im playign WIlson Staff DI7's at the minute and strike then consistantly well.

A friend of mine who is off 4 has just bought a new set of TM RAC TP's and is selling his old set which are TM RAC lt's! ive got them for the weekend to try out, very nice looking irons.

Do you think this is a step too far? and any idea on a price i should be paying? 3 - SW including 52 and 60 deg 'rusty' wedges to match. (the wedges are already a def as ive been after these off him for a while :) )

comments appreciated

thanks

daz

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Are the RACs the ones with the milled cavity in the back, like a load of little steps?

If so, I have always fancied a set of those, as they are fine looking clubs, but I figure you may find them quite a jump from your Di7s.

Is the shaft stiffness the same?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My initial reaction was why change something that has got you a respectable starting handicap. I'd be more inclined to play the rest of the season with what you have but buy the wedges if they are helping that much, and then take the winter when the courses are shut, shortened and wet, to review what you want. See where your handicap ends up after playing in competitions and see from there. Also, if you wait until early 2010 a lot of manufacturers will be bringing out new kit so a lot of decent 2009 stuff will start to come down in price.

dazzaj25

Hacker
Visit site
yeah they do have the milled section to the back!!

I thought they maybe a big step, but ive always thought ive hit the ball well enough to try them out!! The thing is how long do you give yourself to get used to the different style or should they play well straight away??

and they are some good looking irons!!!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I would think that if you can't hit them well by the end of a round, then they aren't for you.

I bought some Stiff shafted blades a while back, and the sales man said don't take them out on the course til you have practiced a bit with them. Well, I completely ignored him, and stopped off for a round on the way home. Played pretty well with them tbh. Well, as well as I ever played with them (long irons inconsistent to say the least, but shorter irons beautiful).

Good luck with the trial, but be honest with your self as to the success. Afterall these are deigned for a way better h/cap than yours, so no disgrace if they aren't outstanding.

dazzaj25

Hacker
Visit site
yeah playing 36 holes fri so will be a test for them then!!!

any idea on prices??

cheers (oh and they are the LT mark 1)

and also these clubs are supposedly designed for mid to low h/cappers!! whats classed as mid? 14?

tincup

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi there
I have played the rac lt's for about 5 years now, I got them when I was off 12 and im now off 7.
I would highly recommend them, as for prices just looked on golfbidder and there is only 1 set on there and they are £153 but they are only 4 to sw. It also depends on what condition they are in.
Hope this helps

dazzaj25

Hacker
Visit site
cheers for that tincup!!!

there in good nick 3-SW plus 52 degree and 60 degree 'rusty' wedges he want 200 squids, which isnt that bad!! may try and knock him down 20 quid or so!!

thanks for the replies, i just hope i can hit them well now!!! :)