Votes: 1 0.5%
  • PXG

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 30 16.2%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 29109

My Ping G425s are hit and miss, but that's definitely more about my inconsistency than the clubs.
My wedges, which are Glide 3.0, are permanently a joy to use and make me wonder if I'd get more enjoyment if I'd gone for the more similarly constructed i210 irons. I didn't even try them because I didn't think I was ever going to be good enough.

Shop around. If you're buying new, don't be lazy like I was.

I’ve got a a set of G400s and i210s. The G400s are definitely more forgiving. But I much prefer using the i210s.

phillarrow

Visit site
Ping G irons, 5 - Gap wedge.

They've been good for me but my swing is a bit different from when they were fitted 5/6 years ago so I'm hoping to change them later in the year. I intend to try as many brands as possible but on looks alone, I like the Mizuno JPX and the Srixon ZX irons. Ultimately though, I'll go for whatever works and that I feel is a reasonable price.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Apex CF19's.....played the CF16's for about three years before wanting something I felt would be a bit more forgiving....got fitted for some JPX919's....game just fell off a cliff....was told (after watching me hit the 919's and some mystery club) by someone who I trust, to go back to the Callaways and my game hasn't looked back....dropped 7 shots off my handicap since reverting to the Callaway's.

The mystery club was the CF19's....the model, with the cup face technology, just worked for me.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
3 and 4 Ping G10
5-9, PW Ping i10 (my own idea for a "combo" concept)
Ping U52d
Ram 64d

I clicked Ping only in the poll.

But lots of others including, Forgan Powerpakt, Dunlop Peter Thomson, Dunlop Maxfli (Roberto de Vicenzo and Australian Blade), Slazenger JN 2000 and Wilson Walter Hagen Professional.

Can't wait to see @Crow's list. Haha.

Mike79

Visit site
Titleist T200 with AMT Black shafts (previous year model, no custom fit... just spotted them on the rack with a sale ticket on them so I grabbed them).

I might go to a loft & lit adjustment session at some point so they can be tweaked, but as my swing is very inconsistent at this stage I don't think there will be much value in setting up my clubs for a swing that can change on a day-by-day / hole-by-hole basis

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Wilson Staff D9

Reaaaalllyyy tempted by the Staff Model CB's though :love::love::love::love::love:

They are a lovely looking club, makes me even more tempted as my surname is Wilson. I had a hit of them in an AG fitting, but there wasnt really an improvement over my current irons so couldnt justify it.

On the subject of names, my BIL bought a set of Adams irons (his name is Adam), then we told my sister that he had paid extra to have his name engraved on all the clubs.......it didnt go down well.