Pleased to see some new perspectives on here.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Not wanting to take anything away from those of us that are hackers, (none meant!).

It's been quite refreshing reading some posts from some very low handicappers / pros, who have recently joined the forum. I enjoy reading any info from anyone, cause lets face it, most of you can play better than I do. But to 'see' things from their angle is interesting.

When I started this frustrating game, I was under the misaprehension that getting to 18 would be easy, and 10 should follow swiftly after that. Oh dear, how wrong I was. I now have a lot of respect for anyone that gets into single figures, and find that reading that they have 'issues' is reassuring and enlightening.

Good work guys, keep it coming.

ps. It might read like it, but this is not a suck up post!!

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I also like the fact that there are more low h/c players on the forum at the moment. It's good that a "high handicapper/new to the gamer", like myself can talk to someone who's played for 20+ years and got down to an exceptional level, without feeling too inferior or out of place. Although I've seen a couple(and I stress, a couple) of threads that seemed to exclude the less able golfers on the forum, on the whole I thinks it's excelent how, from Professionals to "hackers" alike, we can all get on and talk about our common love for this awesome game!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think that it is inevitable that certain threads like county championships etc will exclude the majority. THere is nothing wrong with these threads and it is good to see forum members competing at a high level. I feel that as long as the posts aren't worded in some sort of gloating or condescending manner and from what I've read so far I doubt that any of these talented newbies would ever do so, then I have no problem with them.

If it is a subject I can't join in with as I'm not good enough to play in such events or have no experience of them I'll just skip through them. It is a forum and all views are equally valid so bring on the newbies and lets make it the most comprehensive golf forum out there.

jonesuk

Club Champion
Visit site
I totally agree as well.

I am new to the game and my standard is very much beginner level so always interesting to hear from anyone, especially those that have been playing the game for years and at a good level. Although I'm not the most prolific poster I usually read most posts and 'absorb' the knowledge hopefully. lol :D

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think that it is inevitable that certain threads like county championships etc will exclude the majority. THere is nothing wrong with these threads and it is good to see forum members competing at a high level. I feel that as long as the posts aren't worded in some sort of gloating or condescending manner and from what I've read so far I doubt that any of these talented newbies would ever do so,

I wasn't referring to these threads or talented newbies, I totally agree that there is nothing wrong with these threads. In fact they make good reading and are a bit of an inspiration!
The threads I was referring to were posted by longer standing members of the forum, who aren't half as talented as these newbies.
Just thought I'd put that out there so I don't come across as a newbie hater or someone who wants to hold back the progression of the forum.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think at the heart of it is the fact that we have all been there as a newbie. Remembering how nervous I was when I started means I like to give something back when I play with people in that position by encouraging them, as I remember people doing that for me.
That translates (I believe) to the way people post here too. Long may it continue.

jeffc

Head Pro
Visit site
Nice post Hapless, seems no matter what level we play at we all have issues with our game ranging from despair to exhileration,take a look at the link below and watch the Harrington interview before the current Buick invitational.It's the one 23 minutes long three rows down on the list of vids - a great interview.

When a player like that talks about his game in that way it just shows that we all feel the same about the game but at different levels of ability.

http://www.pgatour.com/video/

AlchemyGolf

Head Pro
www.onixbikes.co.uk
I think that it is inevitable that certain threads like county championships etc will exclude the majority.

I was certainly not gloating Homer,just very excited to be able to go back to my old club.
When I got the news I was on the forum and wrote what I was thinking.

Like you say this forum is for everybody to express there views and whats going on in there game.
If I cant talk about playing in county champs or northern order of meit comps then I wont be able to say what I am doing on the course at all

By the way that scoresaver is awesome!!!!

RichardSanderson

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Making the jump to +9 is proving more difficult than I expected. the jump from 18 to 13 was reasonably easy with the help of a lesson ever other week, however 13 to approximately 11 has been a long drawn out process, and now single figure rounds are few and far between at the moment. I tend to have 1 hole that ruins my round each time I play. Frustrating!

AlchemyGolf

Head Pro
www.onixbikes.co.uk
WoW +9 thats 3 shots better Than Rory Mcilroy.

Just so you know you only enter + figures when you get better than 0.0.

If its just one hole letting you down then you have agood chance to improve.

Just remember there is a world of difference between scr and 2 and probably an equally big difference between 9 and 12.

Its a big jump it wont happen overnight.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just remember there is a world of difference between scr and 2 and probably an equally big difference between 9 and 12.

For you very low h/cappers it means 2 or 3 more birdies, for us mere mortals it means 2 or 3 more pars each round.

But that's what I love about this game and handicap system for amateurs, whatever your h/cap, play to or near it and there is reasonable cause for some satisfaction but you always know that you may have left a shot or two out on the course and that reduction might just be achievable :)