Please list all the things you do when dealing with comp cards and scores

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
For all its faults the Scottish Golf app (VMS) doesn’t allow you to finalise ( sign) your card unless the scores input by your marker agree with those input by you. We get a highlighted (in pink!) number which needs to be resolved before your score can be returned.

Hence the talk about validation and certification and backups is obsolete for clubs using this app.
Most clubs seem to have gone back to paper scorecards again Dick, and in our case it was 100% prompted by the faults with the SG App last season even before it became a "post-covid" scoring norm.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most clubs seem to have gone back to paper scorecards again Dick, and in our case it was 100% prompted by the faults with the SG App last season even before it became a "post-covid" scoring norm.

I don't have your apparent knowledge of what "most clubs" do but I was refereeing at a Scottish Golf event yesterday. Scoring was entirely electronic using the app. No paper cards at all.

tobybarker

Visit site
I think I'll stick to:

1.Quickly weed out the cards to DQ

2.Check the accuracy of the top 5 scores as listed by the computer

3.Find any cards for which the computer had no record, and vice versa, and deal with them.

4.store all the cards for the requisite time.

Thanks for the lively discussion