Please can you look at my current swing. Thoughts and advice welcome!

craigstardis1976

Head Pro
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSgFB2Te0Bk

Here is my current swing. Comments welcome. I know I am too far from the ball. I can't bend my knees really because of my psoriatic arthritis at the moment and as I can't move my weight well without it hurting I have lost club head speed. Would like to stop the OTT move. It's tough swinging and walking but all of your comments are appreciated!

When I could move properly, I got down to a 12.6 USGA Handicap. But right now I am playing off the forward tees and shooting 88-93 when I can manage a full 18. It is pretty damn painful.

Thanks,

Craig.

craigstardis1976

Head Pro
Visit site
Your finishing position concerns me.
Would you be able to lift your right heel at all at the end of your swing?

Bob that is certainly something I can try and do. I am not purposefully hanging back but am weary of of putting too much weight on my left side because it really hurts my left knee. I noted on one drive I hit on the course well I kind of walked through with my right leg. Do you think that is worth trying?

Thanks!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Absolutely.
Hanging back on that right foot will put a lot of strain on your back.

Here's Gary Player doing it.
Hope this helps

[video=youtube;-o_cMVg4uEg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o_cMVg4uEg[/video]

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's very difficult to play golf if you have some form of injury or anything wrong with you.
i played after an ankle injury and developed a very low stinger shot with all my clubs because I could not transfer my weight onto my left side.
when said injury was sorted I found I struggled to change my swing back to normal as I had ingrained the change into my swing.
you must be careful not to change your normal swing just to play through your current physical problems.
we play golf to enjoy the game , the company and most of us good or bad golf go home happy for the exercise
dont try and be perfect when you are not physically fit.
its hard enough when we are fit .
good luck and don't stress about your form I am sure it will return when you are healthy.