Playoffs at what stage

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played in our medal final at the weekend and came third overall in our div on count back. Can't complain coz I won captains day on count back but. Driving along today and just wondered at what stage in comps do or does your clubs have playoffs. Played in a singles KO and lost on the first extra hole. But do any clubs have playoffs for any of there comps.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
There was a play-off hole for our club championship's gross prize this year. Two guys were level after 36 holes so they played the 1st again - bit of an anti-climax in a way because one guy found the green (it's a par 3) while the other sliced his well right and then duffed his chip into the bunker. The vast majority are done by countback, but I think it's medals/stablefords that are done on that and gross prizes that are done with a play-off. I don't really know though.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All club mayors are play off,s at our place. Some are 18 holes some five holes. The five hole playoffs are because they present the prizes on the same day.

Dave1980

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Only our club champ is settled by a playoff if scores are tied. The leaders from day 1 go out last on day 2, so anyone with a chance of making the playoff would normally still be at the club.