playing with no hole in one.. yet!

Fabia999

Visit site
Hey all, just a bit of fun.

How long have you played without getting a hole in one?

for people who have 1+..

How long before you got your first hole in one?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Old starter at my club got his first one last year... 80, and had played since he was 10.

i think i had been playing 2 or 3 years when i got my first

D

Deleted member 3432

Just over 40 years, hit the flag a few times.

Witnessed about 3 flukes from duffed shots that have taken a lucky bounce.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
34 years and still waiting - hadn't been really close for years until the last ten days - had a lip out which left me with a six inch putt ten days ago (when out on my own) and almost perfectly replicated the shot on the same hole with company on Tuesday - another six inch tap in.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
9 years and none.

Not really that many close. Had 1 near miss last year.

Bizarre stat on Tiger's holes in one. He's had 20 aces (total) but only 1 since 2001.

So although I think eventually I'll make one, it's no guarantee when you think someone as good as Tiger has gone the best part of 20 years with only one!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Been lucky enough to have three, all coming in the last fifteen years. Waited about fifteen years for the first one to come along.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
44 years & still waiting. Hit the pin dead square on a drivable par 4 and sat on the lip (witnessed by the guys ahead, who were watching from behind the green) is as close as I've got.

Holed out a couple of times for eagle on par 4's, but never the elusive 1.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
50 yrs this year without one. Though does the one that I got when out by myself for a few holes one evening a few years back count - no witnesses other than The Big Man upstairs.

D

Deleted member 25172

34 years and still waiting - hadn't been really close for years until the last ten days - had a lip out which left me with a six inch putt ten days ago (when out on my own) and almost perfectly replicated the shot on the same hole with company on Tuesday - another six inch tap in.

I’d rather go my whole life not having a hole in one than having one when playing by myself. Shame about your one On Tuesday though! :)

Still waiting for my first one as well. Closest I’ve been was about 6-10 inches last year at my home course.

Have been playing on and off for about 6 years in total.