Playing my first 18 holes tomorrow

shun_naka

Club Champion
Visit site
I wouldnt even bother counting scores. After i got familiar with hitting it on grass instead of the range, and actually having a target, i counted my scores and i was mid 120s.

Eventually after a few months i got this to mid 90s. Then had a 4 year break from golf and i'm back to mid 110s!

Sekiro

Visit site
Managed to get it on YouTube. This is every shot of my first hole on a golf course.

I think it looks pretty good for someone just starting out, (you look disappoint with that bunker shot but I’d have been happy with that), sure there are things to work on but we all have things we can improve, personally I’ve played with friends that have been playing for a few years and look less comfortable through the swing.

Myblueheaven

Visit site
I played today in driving rain and wind on the cumbrian Coast..... failed to beat my best of 112, scored 122 today but boy was it tough in those conditions, but I still enjoyed it, and surely that's what its all about.

birdyhunter

Visit site
Looks like those greens are running about 3 on the Stimpmeter..:)

Seriously though, well done and just enjoy your golf, it's a great but frustrating game.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah you don't look like a total beginner with that swing, more like someone who's been playing a year maybe. Other than the Goldilocks putting. :p

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Scored 108 today. Lost another 3 balls and got another par on the same hole as yesterday. Putting seemed slightly better but driving slightly worse lol must be why this games so addictive, guessing its almost impossible to master.
Seems abundantly clear to me the putting is the biggest issue. Get a putting lesson and then work on distance control from 20-30 feet and then holing out from 2-3 feet. Something that can be worked on at home (definitely the shorter putts)

D

Deleted member 25172

Managed to get it on YouTube. This is every shot of my first hole on a golf course.

Just seen this, and for being the first time on the course it looks great! Regarding the bunker shot though, I'd say that's a 2 stroke penalty... ;)

Tommy10

Visit site
Also forgot to say. Was playing behind 3 guys today and was think oh no this is going to be a long game but they very kindly let me go past them at the start of the 4th.

Is that a Ping Heppler you have? If so, I got one recently and charged putts past until I got used to it, great putter though