Playing in Wellies

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I need a new pair of waterproof shoes and winter is closing in. I've been thinking about the "boot" style shoes that a few of the manufacturers make, but I've wondered how confortable they are and particularly how much they affect ankle movement in the swing. Anyone have any experience of them?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have been using Footjoy winter boots for at least 4 winters. Can't say I've felt any difference in comfort from the Ecco shoes I wear in Spring and Summer.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i have actually played in wellies, when i was a member of the old Torvean years ago. thet were really good ones though with decent grip for Hunting.

great for a few holes.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have the Nike Vapor Storm boots. They look stupid, a bit like wellies, but are warm, and waterproof. I also use them as walking boots.

I was putting them on in the foyer of a hotel in Cornwall, and a rather well spoken lady referred to them as novelty footwear, which is true.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, they look ridiculous, they're the least cool golf shoes you can buy, but boy do they work in winter, makes playing through winter so much more bearable.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have no qualms about them, although taste wise they don't do a lot for me. I would rather use my winter FJ's and a pair of waterproof socks over my normal golf socks. Looking at some of the prices I showed some come with a hefty tag which would also put me off