Playing in the wind

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
All good advice but I would also advocate practice hitting shots in the wind. Find out how far a knock down 7 iron will go, work on the technique and find a way to get it round as best you can. Remember most will struggle in the conditions so patience, a creative but clear mind and not trying to hit it too hard will give you and advantage over most

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I seem to do ok in the wind, more by luck than judgement. I naturally hit the ball quite low (and thin), so in a crosswind the wind doesn't grab it quite as much as it would do if I hit it higher. Into the wind is the hardest for me though as it will balloon up and go absolutely nowhere.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I played a links course today in a hooley cross wind on every hole. One guy hit it arrow straight every time with a driver punch irrespective of wind direction and lost very little distance if not gained on some holes. It was just a simple punch shot driver back in his stance. In fact, his forward lean on every club was immense.

Other than that, bump and run to as many greens as possible and accept safety with one extra shot when needed.