Player with club handicap improving very quickly

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We decided to adopt club handicaps for our beginners, one lady particular put 3 cards in towards the end of the season which warranted a club handicap of 54.
She has played a lot over the winter and has shown great improvement, today she scored 36 points in a 12 hole stableford. This causing embarrassment to her and also mutterings among a lot of the others.
When the season starts at the end of March and the course is set up to run qualifiers then she wants to put in extra cards to reduce.
That said I was looking through the Congu manual and it does say players with a club handicap should be closely monitored and adjusted if necessary.

My question is can we and should we take into account her scores over the winter and reduce her now?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would say you are perfectly entitled to make an adjustment in the same way any newly allocated handicap should be monitored to ensure that the original allocation was appropriate - and, from your description, it is not.

D

Deleted member 15344

I agree - would certainly look to make an adjustment down to a more appropriate level. If there is more evidence than just those 12 holes would actually look to go away from the Club HC and too an official HC