Player Penalties for repeat Non Return of Cards

I think Rulefan is spot on here, clubs need a code of conduct, and need to educate players regarding WHS rules. I DQd a player last week, he was shown as a competitor on the start sheet, obviously had a poor round and NRd. He was marker for a group of 3. He then filled in a second card with the other two players scores but failed to sign the card. His score line read No Return. Not on. Had to ask another player in the group for a signed checker card. Accepted the signed checker card scores matched the markers for the two players. DQd the marker not signed the card. Marker asks for a penalty score to keep his HI up!!!! No chance, actual score input from checker card.

Billysboots

Challenge Tour Pro
My view, and I stress I am in no way involved in administering either comps or handicaps at my club, is that bans have to be used in addition to penalty scores.

Every club has them - serial offenders who repeatedly fail to submit cards unless there is a benefit to them in them doing so. We have one guy at our place who has been known to openly say to playing partners as early as the 6th or 7th tee, more than once, that he has no intention of submitting a card.

Such an attitude shows a breathtaking lack of consideration to those who give up their spare time to administer comps and handicaps, and to every member who participates in events, who waits patiently for results to be published.

I’ve been lobbying our committee now for some time to deal with the repeat offenders. A three week competition ban would stop their behaviour in its tracks.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
I think Rulefan is spot on here, clubs need a code of conduct, and need to educate players regarding WHS rules. I DQd a player last week, he was shown as a competitor on the start sheet, obviously had a poor round and NRd. He was marker for a group of 3. He then filled in a second card with the other two players scores but failed to sign the card. His score line read No Return. Not on. Had to ask another player in the group for a signed checker card. Accepted the signed checker card scores matched the markers for the two players. DQd the marker not signed the card. Marker asks for a penalty score to keep his HI up!!!! No chance, actual score input from checker card.
Tell him he can have have a penalty score- a score equal to the best of score of his 20.

I had a 136 appear on my EG/IG apps last week. After some confusion, I discovered that I had entered the club stableford via the IG app, had completely forgotten and had not played in the comp (I had played golf and submitted a general play card that day, which is also showing on the app). As a result of not returning a card I was shown on the comp results as a DQ and the round, I assume, was entered either by the committee or automatically by the IG app?

Do I have any means to have the 136 removed? I haven’t actually done anything with it yet as it has had no effect on my HI other than it will be one of my first 20 cards (I think I am on 11 now) and therefore will simply be one of the 12 non-counters.

wjemather

I had a 136 appear on my EG/IG apps last week. After some confusion, I discovered that I had entered the club stableford via the IG app, had completely forgotten and had not played in the comp (I had played golf and submitted a general play card that day, which is also showing on the app). As a result of not returning a card I was shown on the comp results as a DQ and the round, I assume, was entered either by the committee or automatically by the IG app?

Do I have any means to have the 136 removed? I haven’t actually done anything with it yet as it has had no effect on my HI other than it will be one of my first 20 cards (I think I am on 11 now) and therefore will simply be one of the 12 non-counters.
You should contact your handicap committee to have the rogue score deleted.

While the score will be non-counting, it still affects your index; initially due to the number of best scores that are used until you get to 20 total scores, and then by pushing scores out of your most recent 20 earlier than they should be until it drops out.

rulefan

Tour Winner

Not sure what facilities the ISV systems provide but it can easily be removed using the WHS portal.