Played medal off the whites

Status
Not open for further replies.

G1z1

Visit site
I played in the Tuesday medal this morning and although results won’t be confirmed until tomorrow. I’ve kept my 100% win rate in comps ? pro said there’s a prize for the medal but not sure what it is yet.
Playing off the whites actually helped me on two of the holes, I would normally just hit a 3 wood to avoid water hazard but today was able to hit driver.
Off now to the shops to buy myself a treat for winning.

Springveldt

Visit site
I played in the Tuesday medal this morning and although results won’t be confirmed until tomorrow. I’ve kept my 100% win rate in comps ? pro said there’s a prize for the medal but not sure what it is yet.
Playing off the whites actually helped me on two of the holes, I would normally just hit a 3 wood to avoid water hazard but today was able to hit driver.
Congrats.

What you buying from the shops? A poncho or a sombrero? :LOL:

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Congratulations.
You’ll soon be playing Pars are Good, or whoever laid down the challenge ?️‍♂️
But still, well done ?

AddisonRoad

Visit site

Don't tell me you entered a medal with a 24 handicap after claiming on here that you're actually a 12...

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
How much did you win the competition by? As you admit yourself, your handicap doesn't reflect the level of golf that you are playing, so is it really a fair win?
It's a lot easier to get 100% win rate in comps if your handicap is 12 shots above what you are actually playing.
This is why everyone is saying put cards in to get a correct and proper handicap, otherwise these wins are just meaningless and, IMO, cheating, as you are entering with a handicap which you know does not reflect your ability.

Last edited:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
What did you "play to"?
That is - What differential did you achieve?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
you actually sound chuffed at winning, which for someone know thinks their handicap should be near single figures but actually playing off 24 is quite poor tbh.

Did you win by 10 shots like last time?

I wish you good luck in your quest and hope you get there, but I'd be putting some general play cards in so your HC is a better reflection of how you can play rather than something which means you run away with a medal victory.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’m actually rather surprised you’ve shared your win, given your previous comments. What reaction did you expect?

Do you actually want to enjoy the full benefits of club membership? You know, like friendship and a social life? Because by working hard on your game, to the point where you enter comps in the full knowledge that you (allegedly) regularly play at least 12 shots better than your club handicap, you’re going very much the wrong way about it.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
That’s good you’ve played a medal. Although I’m not sure how you can possibly know 100% you have come first in your respective division if most folk who play midweek medals actually tee off late afternoon? You claimed to have won just after lunchtime

G1z1

Visit site
Picked myself up a rangefinder today just to make sure I win the next medal and a few packs of balls. Only playing new balls from now on. I Played a hole today with a busted ball, only noticed after my 5 iron went about 60 yards less then my chip had a weird ball flight so probably cost me two shot but oh well don’t want the handicap coming down too fast ?
Also grabbed a new bag and had to order in new tops and jacket they didn’t have my size in stock but should be in tomorrow.

751E2F66-C68C-4B29-B93D-6F5C4C5C6D20.jpeg10B6564C-6FC3-430F-8ABE-1BFDD712B18E.jpeg

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

You'll be popular. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.