Play it loud

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pulse is excellent, I was lucky enough to attend that concert at Earls Court.

Gdansk is Gilmour solo concert though I think.

Delicate Sound is one of my favourites though. I got the reissued Blu-ray upscale last Christmas and it’s hardly out of the player when HID is out of the house.

When doing those sort of concerts they are done with a full band.

I always remember going to see The Wall at Earls Court and reading in the paper next day how well Nick Mason was doing in a motor race in France the day of the concert.

They themselves said the could put out a surrogate band and the majority of people would not notice.

Made me check

In fact the band had many guys from the latest active Pink Floyd line up: Richard Wright, Jon Carin on keys, Guy Pratt on bass, Gilmour himself of course. Phil Manzanera the ex-Roxy Music played guitar too and Steve DiStanislao was on drums. Dick Parry was the guest star of the night

Last edited:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
When doing those sort of concerts they are done with a full band.

I always remember going to see The Wall at Earls Court and reading in the paper next day how well Nick Mason was doing in a motor race in France the day of the concert.

They themselves said the could put out a surrogate band and the majority of people would not notice.

Made me check

In fact the band had many guys from the latest active Pink Floyd line up: Richard Wright, Jon Carin on keys, Guy Pratt on bass, Gilmour himself of course. Phil Manzanera the ex-Roxy Music played guitar too and Steve DiStanislao was on drums. Dick Parry was the guest star of the night

No, I know that it's always a full band but 99% of the time it was the 3 musketeers in Gilmour, Mason and Wright and, to me, they always sounded better that way than just with the sessions musicians.

Carin & Pratt were involved up until Division Bell (and the Pulse tour). Pratt was Rick Wright's son-in-law and is some bassist. Gary Wallis is another that does loads with them (or did until he rejoined Mike & the Mechanics)

Dick Parry has been a stalwart with the exception, I think, of DSOT when Scott Page stepped in on sax.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Two that immediately spring to mind:
- Black Dog (Led Zeppelin)
- Larks' Tongues in Aspic part 2 (King Crimson)

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No, I know that it's always a full band but 99% of the time it was the 3 musketeers in Gilmour, Mason and Wright and, to me, they always sounded better that way than just with the sessions musicians.

Carin & Pratt were involved up until Division Bell (and the Pulse tour). Pratt was Rick Wright's son-in-law and is some bassist. Gary Wallis is another that does loads with them (or did until he rejoined Mike & the Mechanics)

Dick Parry has been a stalwart with the exception, I think, of DSOT when Scott Page stepped in on sax.
The Australian Pink Floyd are truly excellent, and good live as well (as well as being reasonably priced)

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Generally don't like loud unless attending a live performance but,

Instrumental: Lonesome Boatman, Finbar Furey

Singing: Myfanwy, Morriston Orpheus Male Voice Choir

are both OK turned up a bit.