Plantar Fasciitis?

LUFC 1972

Head Pro
Visit site
Last few times i have played the following day my left heel is so sore, especially first thing and it soon goes away as i walk around. Never had this before and seems to tie in with move from spikeless shoes (Ecco) to new Nike Spiked ones, is there anything anyone can suggest to deal with the sore heel and should i just go back to spikeless shoes and risk falling on my a**e but be pain free!

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last few times i have played the following day my left heel is so sore, especially first thing and it soon goes away as i walk around. Never had this before and seems to tie in with move from spikeless shoes (Ecco) to new Nike Spiked ones, is there anything anyone can suggest to deal with the sore heel and should i just go back to spikeless shoes and risk falling on my a**e but be pain free!
look for previous threads

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Orthitics with pronounced arch support may help.
Gently stretch underneath of feet by standing on edge of a step and dropping heels.

chrisg

Head Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately it can take months and months to get rid of PF.. Mine is almost gone but still niggles slightly most days, and its taken about 9 months!!!!! the advise the doc gave me was.......Stretch doing the step thing as often as you can, roll a ball under your foot when sitting, don't sleep on your front which means your foot position is outstretched shortening your plantar whilst it heals overnight - which makes the morning pain worse, wear cushioned slippers or trainers in the house - don't walk barefoot on hard floors and most importantly get some good supportive insoles in your shoes.

D

Deleted member 15344

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?66133-Plantar-Fisciitis&highlight=Plantar

:thup:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had this brought on by wearing FJ Contours. Eventually the penny dropped, and have moved to Ecco Biom Hybrids, and all pain is gone and everything is healed up:)

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately it can take months and months to get rid of PF.. Mine is almost gone but still niggles slightly most days, and its taken about 9 months!!!!! the advise the doc gave me was.......Stretch doing the step thing as often as you can, roll a ball under your foot when sitting, don't sleep on your front which means your foot position is outstretched shortening your plantar whilst it heals overnight - which makes the morning pain worse, wear cushioned slippers or trainers in the house - don't walk barefoot on hard floors and most importantly get some good supportive insoles in your shoes.

Or like me, sleep 18" down the bed with my feet neatly hanging over the end with Ankle joint in neutral position!

jjpauls

Visit site
I can sense that it's really difficult to deal with Plantar Fasciitis. Have an ice massage to make your feet comfortable and I suggest you change your footwear and may see a lot of recommendations at http://www.footweartop.com/. Let me know if that helps. :)

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got this from wearing a pair of Nike spikeless, common theme here Nike?
Anyhow best thing you can do is get a foot roller, hurts at first but stretches out the tissue and gives relief, can take a while to heel though

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mine has just about gone this year. I first caused it running in 2001 and it's taken till now to sort itself. Lots of calf raises and stretching to strengthen it back up.

And29

Head Pro
Visit site
Massage the bottom of your foot daily

done with putting a golf ball on the floor and standing on it rolling up and down, apply lots of pressure..

hurts like hell

but works

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It went away on its own for me thankfully.
In fact I had forgotten all about it.

Hope it doesn't return any time soon.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

LUFC, dealt with this at the pit and can sympathise. One thing I keep hearing is about differant shoes I hear people wearing. Some are good for some and some are agony, again I can relate to that because adidas adizero make me look 2 stone slimmer and make me look sexy but I am like a woman in stilettos after 10 mins I am in agony.
But one thing I have yet to hear anyone say is do you carry, yay or nay. I carry through the winter in my footjoy waterproof boots and the only cure is paracetamol and Ibuprofen for a day otherwise I cannot sleep. Cannot understand why no one has done a longer spikeless spiked shoe for the winter. FJ put me down for a lab monkey if you need any testing.:thup:

if you carry, buy a trolley and take the weight off your trotters.

Last edited: