Ping i500

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
What do people think of these (and the i210's) ?

Looks a bit like the TM P790's in disguise but still the best looking Iron Ping have produced imo.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Probably the best looking Ping irons but that's not saying a lot IMO. I play with Pings but they have always put performance over style. I would never by Pings or TMs based on their looks

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure based on pics alone. Would like to see in the flesh and have a hit, they might be going on 'the list'.

If trying would be most looking at wether shorter irons are too springy off the face and how they stop with low spin rates

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
the i210 feel or perform no different to the i200 imo. i wanted to love the i500 as instantly liked them. but for me that's where it ended. very hard and harsh feeling as inconsistent ball speed. i would guess that good ball strikers that are looking for extra distance will love these

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure based on pics alone. Would like to see in the flesh and have a hit, they might be going on 'the list'.

If trying would be most looking at wether shorter irons are too springy off the face and how they stop with low spin rates

You'll end up with Mizuno MP18 SC ;)

AP3's were too clicky for me but our kid loves his.

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
They look absolutely gorgeous ! Problem is that i am a tight git and Cant even begin to justify the amount it would cost for a brand new set of clubs !

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Love the AP3's. Handicap has dropped from 8 to 5, and I've picked up money almost every week for the last 2 months.
I like the look of the ap3s years ago I tried the ap2s out and could fly the long irons in them as well as my current Nike Vapor Pro combos so went with the Nike at the time .So where do the ap3 sit ?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Love the AP3's. Handicap has dropped from 8 to 5, and I've picked up money almost every week for the last 2 months.

Very nice work with the chap Bri. But you are a man of leisure now who spends his time kicking back in the sun, eating good food and playing more golf than a tour pro ;)

D

Deleted member 1147

Tried the i500 yesterday.

Very impressed with the looks, feel & numbers.

My 7 iron (Titleist CB) went 165 with 5,776 spin and 91ft apex

The i500 went 171 with 7,276 spin and 93ft apex

I was fitted with the Modus 105 X shaft

I'm seriously considering getting some this autumn - just awaiting a few more reviews :unsure: