ping I10/I15

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Appoximately 5.

Not sure that there would even be that much difference :D :D

I'm sure Homer will be on soon and give his usual expert advice. Reading between the lines on another thread about testing Ping clubs, I think he rather likes the I15 and I wouldn't be surprised if he gives in to temptation :eek: :eek: :D :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not sure that there would even be that much difference :D :D

I'm sure Homer will be on soon and give his usual expert advice. Reading between the lines on another thread about testing Ping clubs, I think he rather likes the I15 and I wouldn't be surprised if he gives in to temptation :eek: :eek: :D :D

Not given in quite yet Leftie. Taking a demo set out to trial over the weekend and so we'll see how they perform with my dodgy swing in cold and wet conditions. I really do like them and think they are the best thing Ping have done in years.

As for the difference - here are the G10 specs from one stockist and the G15 to compare it against yourself

http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Ping_G10_Irons_Steel.html

http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/09Ping_i15_Irons_Steel_Shafts.html

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
i15 are a little more forgiving in the long irons I think. i10 are a bit more of a players club but other than that I doubt us ordinary golfers can tell much difference.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
I tried both i10 and g10 when going for more forgiving irons last year after a bonus at work. I was going to buy i10 but by time the money came through the last set had gone and the new i15's arrived in the shop. I tried these too but wasn't as impressed. I ended up getting a second hand set of the g10's which I was hitting just as well (and were £200 cheaper). Overall I've been happy with these but for me the i10's are undoubtendly the better looking and (for me) played slightly better of all three. I haven't ruled out swapping the g10s for i10's if I can get the right deal.

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I would say that the I10 is less forgiving than the I15.

I had my I5's for about 2 years, and in that time tried the I10 a few times, and they were a lot less forgiving than the I5's.

When I was buying my new set I tried the I15's, and they seemed more in line, in terms of forgiveness, with my I5's.

Again, my own personal opinion, but good hits with the I15 felt nicer than the I10's.

So, imo, the I15's are more fogiving and feel better than the I10's.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I had my I5's for about 2 years, and in that time tried the I10 a few times, and they were a lot less forgiving than the I5's.

When I was buying my new set I tried the I15's, and they seemed more in line, in terms of forgiveness, with my I5's.

Again, my own personal opinion, but good hits with the I15 felt nicer than the I10's.

So, imo, the I15's are more fogiving and feel better than the I10's.

And you still ended up with S56's :D

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Pretty sure thats what the Ping sales blurb said at the launch of the i15. Ping said that customers felt there was not that much difference between the i10 and the S57/8. they said that the i15 sits better in between the G15 and the S57 (now S56).