Ping G425 LST Driver Shaft Recommendations?

gjc06

Visit site
Hi all,

Just moved into a G425 LST Driver (10.5) with a Stiff (65) Tensei Orange Shaft on it.

I really like it - the dispersion is tight & the flight is good but it's just spinning a little too much on some shots. It's not major & I'd be happy to keep it but I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a shaft that might help me eek out a few more yards?

I swing it about 107/108mph quite comfortably but could crank that up a touch. I also tried the X-Flex during fitting but interestingly, it was spinning high too.

Any thoughts? Something similar to the Tensei Orange would be ideal.

Thanks

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Why only SOME shots? That would indicate it's a swing issue as opposed a shaft one.
Seems a hugely expensive exercise for just 'some' shots.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
With that particular head you're not going to fix the issue with a different shaft. You may get 500rpm difference but if you're seeing it on the course then it's more than 500rpm. You got any trackman stats?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I went for a fitting for a 3 wood the fitter was recommending as a preference the Alta shaft in stiff or the Tensei in reg. I bought it with the Tensei but very soon bought the Alta and fitted that instead. the Alta stays in the air a bit longer and gives more distance.

The reason for me going that way is that I reckoned it would be easy to pick up the Alta S/H easier and cheaper.