Ping G400 SFT

123*

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all,

I am struggling with around 1 in every 10 of my drives really leaking to the right as I don't match up the face, path is consistent in to out but just can't seem to match it up every time.

Been looking at the above driver to help me, what are peoples thoughts on this?!

Below are my numbers from my latest TrackMan session. I am currently using a regular shaft, should I change to stiff?

Many thanks.

View attachment 28941

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you are only leaking 1 in 10 drives off to the right I wouldn’t be sure that you need a SFT club.

I have a G410 SFT 3-wood, and my 3-wood miss was to the right on most shots. The Ping fitter put it down to my negative angle of attack. My shots are straighter, with the odd one still heading right. Based on this I asked to try the driver and my shots were not consistent. My driving is reasonably straight, but the fitter had automatically put me in to the SFT whereas I didn’t need the assistance with that club.

D

Deleted member 1147

With your smash factor you’re going to struggle to get much more out of any new driver.

Most every pro would be happy with a 1 in 10 miss hit rate.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all,

I am struggling with around 1 in every 10 of my drives really leaking to the right as I don't match up the face, path is consistent in to out but just can't seem to match it up every time.

Been looking at the above driver to help me, what are peoples thoughts on this?!

Below are my numbers from my latest TrackMan session. I am currently using a regular shaft, should I change to stiff?

Many thanks.

View attachment 28941

Something similar to what my coach picked up on this week. Looking at the videos of my regular shafted driver I was getting quite a bit of flex even though my swing is quite slower than yours. He said if my timing is off I could find that the flex is causing more of the army golf I can play getting pull draws and push rights so He said to try and get a loan of a stiff shaft for my club. So far my dispersion is 14 yards tighter on day one of my analysis and I’m squeezing out about 10 more yards despite all my other stats being near identical.

Rather than get a new club, maybe just a new shaft.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s not the shaft.

I would not rule the shaft out out, I had a G SFT with a stock regular shaft, my average drive was 210 yds and I could send drives right quite easily, I had a fitting at Ping for a G410 Plus and was fitted for a Tensi Orange Stiff and with the same swing speed my average is now 230 and I would not say I have eliminated the RHS but its very rare now. In my experience the stock shaft is too soft and a stiffer shaft has allowed me to get the club head to the ball better. I would try a stiffer shaft based on my experience.

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'd pay £400 for the O/Ps numbers.
I stick with what you have. Draw biased SFT could see you end up with 2/10 missed on the left.....you're never going to get 100% perfect.

Last edited: