Ping g400 max driver ?

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone got a ping g400 max ?if so how they getting on with it ?isit as forgiving as they make out ?im tempted to get fitted to one and see how it compares to my titleist 915d2

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i had the G400 SFT in 12 set to 13 in soft regular flex, i changed to the g400 max 10.5 set to 11.5 in the soft regular flex and to be honest both were forgiving. However i could not get the max to launch as good as the standard G400SFT also the max was not as straight as the SFT. I ended up sticking with the SFT model and getting rid of the max.

Both are forgiving drivers and long for me. I also prefered the sound of the standard g400 over the max which sounded a bit more pingy

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A good number of Ping tour players have put this into play, I think only difference from the Max and the smaller one which I have now is head size and more forgiveness from what I’ve read and seen.

I had the G30 before this latest one and to be honest not a huge difference in my length or dispersion.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
The reviews are all very good and I read a lot of tour players are using the max with the high moi which surprised me I thought the low spin model would have been popular one .

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I changed my m2 to this found it launching higher and longer. Lovely feel off the face and does seem to perform off mi*****.
Only thing I dislike is the sound all in all glad I changed just wish I’d of sold the m2 first ha

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have just changed from the G30 to the G400 Max. Early days and I went through a long and detailed fitting process to make it right, including an upgraded shaft and other voodoo stuff but what is immediately evident is that it is long. Very long. I am surprised tbh because I really thought drivers had maxed out. The jury is still out on whether it is more forgiving than the G30 - which in itself was a forgiving driver - as it’s too soon to say for sure but what I would say is don’t buy anything until you have tried this.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Extra length and more forgiving , what's not to like ???? Think i'll test it against the 917 D2 and see how it goes. If i'm going to part ex ,might as well be now while the 917 is still current. What about you Carpfather ? Have you heard enough now to give a go head to head against the 915 ??

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah I’m going to test it against my current 915d2 which is very forgiving ,Ive been consistent with it for a long time but since a swing change I’m getting far too much height so feel I’m losing a lot.Ive always fancied sticking with the titleist and going for a 917 fitting but after reading all these good reviews about the g400 max I can’t ignore it hense the question .

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was fitted for a G400 Max at 9 deg and have found it to be very forgiving and longer than my previous driver - i 25.

I then tested the hybrids. I had two Ping G25 hybrids at 17 deg and 20 deg. I now have two Ping G400 hybrids at 19 and 22 deg. I certainly hit them longer as shown by today reaching SI 1 and 2 on Lodge in two. You may say that it is now dry and firm, but it has been in previous summers but I have never been on either in two.