Ping G400, G410, G425 Drivers

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Find it weird that people are put off by the sound of a driver. If it went straight and far it could sound like a screaming banshee for all I care. I've heard my mate hit his enough times and it sounds a little odd or different but not exactly offensive.

That's because you only tickle the ball. :p

Springveldt

Visit site
Find it weird that people are put off by the sound of a driver. If it went straight and far it could sound like a screaming banshee for all I care. I've heard my mate hit his enough times and it sounds a little odd or different but not exactly offensive.
Same for me, don't really care what it sounds or even looks like tbh, if I hit it well and it goes straight then I'll like it.

Springveldt

Visit site
On topic, I did try the 400 and 410 max when they came out and found not a lot of difference and both spun too high for me. I doubt there will be that much of a difference between the 400 and 425. I'm still using an Epic Flash with no intentions of changing it.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn't really make it clear in my first post, sorry. The club belongs to a relative who is on holiday. I nabbed it to try out whilst they are sunning themselves and drinking wine. I did not have a selection to try, it was just there.

Ahhhh. The Pings I've tried never perform well for me.

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If i had to choose between 400,410 and 425 and they were all the same price i would still go for the 400 - great driver, horrible sound (like all 3).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not driver

Last year I made the switch from TM M1 3 wood to a G425 and I do not regret the switch one bit. The noise takes a bit of getting used to but by the time you hear it the ball has gone!! (Sound of Titanium (M1) verses Steel (G425).

Mandofred

Visit site
I didn't really make it clear in my first post, sorry. The club belongs to a relative who is on holiday. I nabbed it to try out whilst they are sunning themselves and drinking wine. I did not have a selection to try, it was just there.
Did you try this out out Knaresborough? I think you said you were playing there Sunday. Personally.....I'm thinking about picking up a Cobra 7 wood (irrelevant change of topic).

greenone

Visit site
You by your own admission don't have a fast swing. The only reason I got rid of my g30 was because it was agrivating my tinnitus.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you try this out out Knaresborough? I think you said you were playing there Sunday. Personally.....I'm thinking about picking up a Cobra 7 wood (irrelevant change of topic).
I did. Hit it beautifully on the 1st and 18th. Inbetween was a mixed bag, all about my collapse of swing, not the club. It flew off the face with minimal effort, nice shape, lovely weight to the club.

Knaresborough was in lovely condition but I'm sure they have stretched it out ?. It was sticky yesterday and after 18 holes and the drive back I slept like a log ?.

The 7 wood is a smashing club. Goes high, lands soft. You are a good player and will get the best out of a club like that. Cobra do good versions and if you don't get on with it then you will get most of your money back. Worth a dabble.

Mandofred

Visit site
I did. Hit it beautifully on the 1st and 18th. Inbetween was a mixed bag, all about my collapse of swing, not the club. It flew off the face with minimal effort, nice shape, lovely weight to the club.

Knaresborough was in lovely condition but I'm sure they have stretched it out ?. It was sticky yesterday and after 18 holes and the drive back I slept like a log ?.

The 7 wood is a smashing club. Goes high, lands soft. You are a good player and will get the best out of a club like that. Cobra do good versions and if you don't get on with it then you will get most of your money back. Worth a dabble.
Oooohhh, the 18th requires a perfect drive.....

Boomy

Visit site
I play a Ping G400 driver - I tried the G410 and G425 with various shaft options and saw no improvement from my G400. I then tried a 3 wood shaft in the G400 and the difference was huge - longer and more consistent results. So I bought a custom built shaft, for the G400 driver and love it. I did a post on it while ago I think.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's a tight drive for a last hole ?. I was a little left for it to be perfect, @rudebhoy was playing and he did hit a perfect one, but it was still pretty good and it was a highly enjoyable smack ?.

Really enjoyable course apart from the 13th - hit my best drive of the day there and never saw it again!

If you do decide to take the plunge on a 425, the usual Snainton Golf code will take £42 off the price. Still not cheap, but I'm more than happy with mine.

Brads

Visit site

It was the noise I couldnt stand, it was too loud.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had the 400 and hit it very well.

But the 425 is longer and straighter for me.
Partly the shaft the new slate shaft in the 425 seems to spin less for me.
Both great drivers imo.
I don’t notice the noise, my pps have Titleist drivers and they all sound the same to me,, pardon.!