Ping G400 Driver Users

anji71

Visit site
Folks,

I used to have a 65g Stiff shaft in my PingG400. Fairly straight ball flight. I had a temporary 75g shaft put in, whilst ordering a new 65g shaft. Played around with loft settings on the range, and found the small plus setting gave me massive long high draw flights with incredible hang time. Tried the small minus setting and that felt a bit flat. Anybody use that combo i mentioned above? Not sure I want to go back to the 65g shaft now, but i suppose i should try the same loft with the 65g shaft.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would check it on a Trackman or similar. Sometimes a higher flight gives the impression that it's hanging in the air longer and thus going further, but that might not be the case and it might be carrying less.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I still use the G400 LST but upgraded to a Speeder shaft. I don't tend to fart about with the settings and mine is always set at neutral.

I can only advise that you try and get onto trackman or similar with this shaft before you get your 65g shaft back. That way you can compare stats and figures and then decide if the 65g or 75g is best for your game.

anji71

Visit site
I still use the G400 LST but upgraded to a Speeder shaft. I don't tend to fart about with the settings and mine is always set at neutral.

I can only advise that you try and get onto trackman or similar with this shaft before you get your 65g shaft back. That way you can compare stats and figures and then decide if the 65g or 75g is best for your game.
Thanks to you both. I’ll try the test on GC quad.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a play with one of these last year, the G400, but I was launching way too high with the stock 55g shaft.
Never got round to trying another shaft.
Might go back and have a look now, would the LST version help bring down flight ?

anji71

Visit site
I had a play with one of these last year, the G400, but I was launching way too high with the stock 55g shaft.
Never got round to trying another shaft.
Might go back and have a look now, would the LST version help bring down flight ?
Yes i have the LST and should be good for you. I have heard it can be a bigger difference from the 55g to 65g than it is from 65g and 75g.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Also if it was the standard Alta 55g shaft it's a bit of a wet noodle. Not a great shaft tbh, quite soft to flex. The Tour shaft is a far better offering.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Also if it was the standard Alta 55g shaft it's a bit of a wet noodle. Not a great shaft tbh, quite soft to flex. The Tour shaft is a far better offering.
I have gone from the 65g stiff Alta shaft to the Ping tour shaft in reg in my G400 max.
It’s a great shaft and it’s 10yds longer than the stiff.
It’s brought the flight down a bit but no problem it’s still high enough.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site

I have to agree, Could not hit the ball with the Alta 55g stock (regular) shaft that came with mine, changed to one similar to my G15 (it was replacing) TFC 149D regular 60g and never looked back.