Ping G400 Driver Cracked Hosel

123*

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all,

Went to adjust the loft on my Ping driver for the first time yesterday and noticed that the hosel area has a hairline crack on it.

Just wondering if anyone else has had an issue similar to this? Will this be covered under some kind of warranty through Ping?

Thanks.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

Went to adjust the loft on my Ping driver for the first time yesterday and noticed that the hosel area has a hairline crack on it.

Just wondering if anyone else has had an issue similar to this? Will this be covered under some kind of warranty through Ping?

Thanks.
Where did you buy it?

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm sure Ping will cover it, there customer service is excellent unlike a few others.....

This ^^^ And don't wait for the hairline crack to become worse. Contact ping and explain what's happened - the G400 is only last years model. They should sort it out pronto.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Is it the hosel part of the head or the shaft fitting?

My first G30 cracked on the head side after a few months. Replaced without question at American Golf. They had replaced another earlier that week.

Last edited:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This ^^^ And don't wait for the hairline crack to become worse. Contact ping and explain what's happened - the G400 is only last years model. They should sort it out pronto.

Best to go via where you bought it as in my experience they are not so keen to deal with you personally.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
They’ll only replace it if you go through the retailer that you bought it from in my experience. They just replaced a i500 9 iron with chrome damage. But I had to go through a legit account

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Best to go via where you bought it as in my experience they are not so keen to deal with you personally.

Really? I had a G30 that snapped at the hosel, sent it via our old pro that was a PING retailer and they sorted it.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Really? I had a G30 that snapped at the hosel, sent it via our old pro that was a PING retailer and they sorted it.

Yes, for clarity they would take a return from where you bought it or a pro.

I've had i25 irons sent back a few times from my pro. I bought them somewhere else. I buy all new clubs via my pro now.

I only suggested where you bought it to avoid any embarrassment of asking pro when you bought elsewhere.

Acquaintance has had to send back the black i710 irons with black not lasting.

Ping quality is not what it once was.

123*

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all,

Many thanks for the responses!

I have attached an image of the damage, it doesn't look much on the picture but is a lot more visible in person.

I purchased the club around 2 months ago from Golf Bidder, it was in superb condition (looked to be pretty much new to be honest but was rated as an 8 for everything!), it definitely did not come with this damage and has only happened in the last week or so as I would have noticed this previously.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
@123* That looks the exact same as what happened to my G30.
Good call to get in touch with Golfbidder.
They should be able to supply you with another head.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This also happened with my G30 and G driver. I thought the redesigned hosel was meant to prevent this but obviously not.

Both were replaced no questions asked as it seems to be a common issue.

Did you adjust the loft on it recently? As it seems to happen you don't have the loft sleeve exactly lined up

123*

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for the advice everyone, have contacted Golf Bidder and Ping directly.

Having read up on the internet this appears to be a pretty common occurrence on their drivers, hopefully they will rectify it as they seem to have in all the other cases I can find.

This was the first time I went to adjust the driver. Always just had it set on standard but after playing links the other day I thought the flight was just a touch too high!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Contact Golfbidder firstly. They can send it back to Ping on your behalf or may even replace it with a like for like if they have any in stock. Ping are exceptionally good at sorting things out. It may be although your contract is with Golfbidder your pro will be able to return it on your behalf. The point is you can't simply send it back directly and has to come usually from place of purchase or a pro

Doran

Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks.

Teebs

Visit site
There has to be a limitation of when Ping will warranty something.
G400 was released in 2017, so the club could be 6 years old by now..