Ping G15 or I15s

r18ngc

Hacker
Visit site
Hi members tried out a few clubs off each today at my local club (demos of course),both lovely clubs and was striking the ball well with both.Being an 18 handicapper does anybody think,especially the single handicappers,I should go for the g15s, they seem to be more forgiving as they have a fatter club head than the i15s,any feedback would be most welcome.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I suppose it depends on how quick you think your handicap will fall. If you're going to improve quickly then the i15's will feel better as you get lower. The G15's are game improvement irons and when you're down to 10 or so probably won't look good to you, whereas the i15's probably will. If you hit them both well then its really down to looks. And only you can make that call.

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hey it's Ping. You buy your clubs individually, so when you get fitted you could have Rapture from 3-4irons G15 from 5-7 irons then i15 from 8-sw. It's your choice go and get fitted and get the clubs that play best for you in each area of your game. You will also be able to change two or three irons if you wanted to make up your set to match later on as your game improves.

beck9965

Head Pro
Visit site
I've tried both of these clubs and as a 23 hcp i was amazed at how much better i hit the I15's compared to the G15's this was also commented on by the club pro as well, I didn't like the G15's at address i just felt they looked too heavy and clumsy so it will be the I15's for me when i purchase my new clubs in March.Go for what you feel is the most comfortable, if you hit the better player club more consistantly then get those.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think the I15 are the best all round club I've hit all year with the exception of the R9. If I hadn't hit th R9 in a shop on a demo from a TM rep I was all set on going for the I15. I think they are as forgiving as the G15 and in my case I actually hit them better anyway

T

thecraw

You know what you hit best so go with your own instinct or as already stated why not get a combo set, G15 3-5 then I15 6-PW or SW.

Ping and your Pro will sort you out no probs.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
For me there is absolutely no doubt that the I15 is a better looking club, and that out of the centre it is longer. But a full fitting with both showed that the G15s (for me) were more consistent and still longer than my old I5's. Don't be put off by the game improver label. Decide if you want the occasional fabulouly long shot, the consistent distance, the looks - whatever it is. It's only you and the club when you're over the ball.