PING fitting opportunity

S

Snelly

I just had a go on the Ping web fitting tool and it said my ideal irons are S55 with CFS Stiff shafts. Code yellow fitting and grip code white. Interesting to see if this is what transpires.....

S

Snelly

Received this from GM Towers today. Sounds absolutely brilliant... :)

Hi All,

As promised some more info on next week's PING irons fitting day:

Venue - Centurion Club
http://www.centurionclub.co.uk/
Centurion Club, Hemel Hempstead Rd, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans, Hertfordshire HP3 8LA Tel: +44 (0) 1442 510 520

Timetable…
9.30 am – arrival & breakfast
10.30 - fitting session
Approx 12.00 – break for lunch/photos/video interviews – sets made up
Approx 1.00pm - 18 holes of golf with new irons. Play will be in two fourballs. You will be accompanied by your PING fitter who will be able to make tweaks to your irons post round based on your on course play/feedback
Post round /photos/video interviews
Circa 6.00pm depart

Arrival in golf gear – feel free to wear colourful outfits if that's your thing but in any event try to avoid Gary Player all black ensembles and they can look quite dull in images/video

Please bring your current set of golf clubs with you

Social Media – please do tweet about the run up to the day, the day itself and afterwards!

Thanks again GM - cannot wait! :)

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Received this from GM Towers today. Sounds absolutely brilliant... :)

Hi All,

As promised some more info on next week's PING irons fitting day:

Venue - Centurion Club
http://www.centurionclub.co.uk/
Centurion Club, Hemel Hempstead Rd, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans, Hertfordshire HP3 8LA Tel: +44 (0) 1442 510 520

Timetable…
9.30 am – arrival & breakfast
10.30 - fitting session
Approx 12.00 – break for lunch/photos/video interviews – sets made up
Approx 1.00pm - 18 holes of golf with new irons. Play will be in two fourballs. You will be accompanied by your PING fitter who will be able to make tweaks to your irons post round based on your on course play/feedback
Post round /photos/video interviews
Circa 6.00pm depart

Arrival in golf gear – feel free to wear colourful outfits if that's your thing but in any event try to avoid Gary Player all black ensembles and they can look quite dull in images/video

Please bring your current set of golf clubs with you

Social Media – please do tweet about the run up to the day, the day itself and afterwards!

Thanks again GM - cannot wait! :)

That sounds cracking , I am sure you all will have a brilliant day, I will be interested to read your review Snelly especially in regards to custom fit and if you feel that it improves your play mate.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Sounds OK...

But you're of going to be on Telly!!!:ears:

Seriously though, sound a brilliant day - I predict S55's for Shelly!

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a swing of a demo S55 along side my S57. They are very nice indeed. The perfect sized head, enough head to look forgiving but far from being shovel sized.

Cant wait for my fitting now, looking forward to what people get fitted for. Be interesting to see if the i25 or the S55's are offered to you snelly.

S

Snelly

I predict S55's for Snelly!

That is what their web fitting tool says but I have an open mind on this and want to try every set that has a 3 iron in it so the G25's might be the one for me. No reason why not. Of all their clubs, the S55's are the ones I least favour at this stage because they will perhaps be to some very small extent, harder to hit well with greater frequency than the i25's for example. I might be completely wrong on this though.

But as I say, totally open minded at this point and have promised myself to go with what the fitter recommends rather than what my personal preference is. The reason being that I want to test the custom fitting process properly and completely rather than just turn up with a preconceived notion and ask for what I think I need.

One thing is for sure, definitely going to the driving range this weekend! :)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
That is what their web fitting tool says but I have an open mind on this and want to try every set that has a 3 iron in it so the G25's might be the one for me. No reason why not. Of all their clubs, the S55's are the ones I least favour at this stage because they will perhaps be to some very small extent, harder to hit well with greater frequency than the i25's for example. I might be completely wrong on this though.

But as I say, totally open minded at this point and have promised myself to go with what the fitter recommends rather than what my personal preference is. The reason being that I want to test the custom fitting process properly and completely rather than just turn up with a preconceived notion and ask for what I think I need.

One thing is for sure, definitely going to the driving range this weekend! :)

S55's would be my 'players' choice, however I tried the i25's recently and they are just so easy to hit, I could see that making golf even more enjoyable........plus they look ok these days. This Ping fitting sounds like it will be the best fitting session ever seen on GM or anywhere else outwith the tour.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Quite excited now....

:)

Down the range tonight grooving that swing Dave? :)

On the 0-100 jealousy scale I'm only about 1.

Did I say 1? I meant 100.

Have a brilliant day, even the forecast is looking good!

S

Snelly

Down the range tonight grooving that swing Dave? :)

3 rounds of golf since Christmas means that yes, I am definitely going to be a the driving range this evening! :)

Funnily enough, one of those was in the Centurion Club neighbourhood at Brocket Hall with one of my customers who is a member there. We played the course with the par 5 18th over the water and I thought it was very good. I was quite impressed with Brocket all round really. Have you played there Gordon? If not, it is worth a visit.

My only decent golf all year was a sub-par back 9 there. Fingers crossed for more of the same tomorrow... :)

Shame you won't be there - be good to catch up and check out Centurion! Have you seen the way they categorise memberships with the Roman theme? You can be a Senate member or a Centurion! :) Nice. :whistle:

I have already packed a toga for lunch and am planning to call in to see the Greenkeepers to see if I can instigate a slave's revolt!

Cheers,

Maximus Snellius.

D

Deleted Member 1156

:D

No not played Brocket, only played a handful of courses in that neck of the woods (Moor Park, Old Fold Manor, Sandy Lodge, The Shire and The Grove that I can think of)

Relaxed dress code at Centurion, no tie required with your toga ;)