PING fitting opportunity

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
PLEASE NOTE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS BROUGHT FORWARD TO FRIDAY MARCH 14 NOON

Morning all

hope everyone enjoyed the better weather over the weekend and that lots of you got out for a knock

as I alluded to last week we have a very special PING fitting opportunity for you!

I'm looking for four (yes 4) GM forumers to be fitted for a new set of PING irons

The date of the fitting is Wednesday April 9th
The location is a top secret one only to be revealed a few days before but it's a little way north of London. Easy links to road, rail and planes... but not boats (sorry)

The day will kick off around 10am and after a briefing you'll warm up and go through a full iron fitting with some of PING's top tech guys

Your clubs will be built over lunch and after you've been fed and watered you will head out for a round of golf on this stunning course accompanied by a GM/PING representative and your fitter who will analyse your ball flight and then tweak the clubs as required after the round

Essentially this is what the PING staff pros go through so a pretty special experience

As with all fittings the day will be featured in the magazine and via our digital channels so you'll need to be prepared for the media spotlight!

If you would like to apply for this opportunity then please send an email to me michael_harris@ipcmedia.com with the following information
• Name
• Forum username
• Twitter username (if applicable)
contact number (mobile)
• Home club (if applicable)
• Current irons used (please detail specs and note if they were custom fitted at the time of purchase)
• A couple of sentences on your iron play noting strengths and weaknesses

Deadline for application is NOON FRIDAY MARCH 14

Those selected will be informed at 3pm on Monday March 17

Assistance with travel/accommodation costs will be offered to anyone selected who is not able to drive to the venue on the day itself

thanks
Mike

PS for anyone who didn’t see my post on how we select forumers for opportunities like this lease refer to this thread
http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?64718-Fitting-opportunities

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 18121

Fantastic opportunity, if only I hadnt had new irons 5 weeks ago!

Good luck to all who enter.

I'll echo that....good luck to all who enter, sounds like an amazing experience.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
now this is a cracking opportunity- like I said on another post, a GM/Manufacturer experience money cant buy. This sounds like a 'proper' fitting.
Travel assistance as well.........oh sir, you spoil us!

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Have played Ping for several years now and when the perfect fitting oppurtunity arises ???? ............I get back from holiday the day after!!! Grrrrrr! Anyway, whoever is selected have a great day, sounds fantastic. :)

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wrong part of the bag for me and whilst it would be great, I reckon there will be folks on here who would get more out of the experience. I don't think anyone would do a fitting quite like Ping so good luck to everyone who enters.

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good luck to all who enter having just bought a new set of irons I'm out just need to hang on now for the titleist woods fitting an hope I get picked

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yet another great opportunity. It looks like all the manufacturers are now competing to see who can off the best opportunity to GM - which can only be good news for the lucky winners.

I think some new PING irons would be great for an OAP like chrisd, as he needs all the help he can get for his H4H Challenge :D

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
now this is a cracking opportunity- like I said on another post, a GM/Manufacturer experience money cant buy. This sounds like a 'proper' fitting.
Travel assistance as well.........oh sir, you spoil us!

+1 , yet another amazing opportunity.:thup:

golfsaint

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sounds a brilliant Fitting , but i am not sure the wife would be very impressed if i took another day off without her involving a golf related subject. :whistle:(oh not sure i qualify anyway:( )

So good luck to all:thup:

Delh1982

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Great opportunity , dont feel im good enough for this though and dont think they would entertain my left handed grip on right handed clubs