PING fitting opportunity

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Congrats to the lucky 4. You'll no doubt all be single figure golfers within the next 12 months! Oh wait, that's not really a reward for some, is it? :whistle:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
My money is still on Woburn. If it is there, then that's even more gutting! I love that place.

For the four winners, if it is Woburn, I recommend you stay at the white house b&b, Little Brickhill, 2 minutes away. Fantastic place and a superb breakfast.

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
David

I've just been back over your application

the info you supplied about your current iron play didnt really tell me anything - it basically said it was OK but you thought it could be better with a custom fit. your then stated your weaknesses were a pull or a slice - thats a technique (coming across the line) not equipment issue

contrast that with some very indepth submissions from others and that gives you an idea why you didnt make the shortlist on this occasion

before anyone else asks sorry thats the last bit of individual feedback I'm giving but rest assured I read every application and give it proper consideration

Mike, thanks for the feedback. I wasn't trying to sound ungrateful or anything, so apologies if it came across like that.

Thanks once again for the great opportunity and congrats to the very lucky chosen few.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
here's the shortlist below - sorry to those who were on but didnt make the final 4

it wont be a shock to know we are looking to fit those selected into one of PINGs 4 current iron models so looking for a good spread of hcaps. other factors were current irons used (anyone with a very new set was dicounted), not having been custom fitted before was an advantage as was struggling with an issue that we feel the current PING range can help with.

user history also taken into account!

ForeRighty
greiginfife
Doug1
Qwerty
GB72
wookie
scottkw2003
NorfolkShaun
Society_Fan
Andy808
BrizoH71
bignev
davidy233
Backwoodsman
London mike 61
Stevelev
Scottac20
coley167
Harpo_72
diesel75
Snelly

Well chuffed I was under consideration thank you :) !

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
would be good to know what iron equipment sob story makes the cut!

I tried re-shafting my Donny 3-pw but instead of buying a full set, 3-pw project x 5.5 shafts, I bought a job lot of 8 7 iron shafts. I couldn't get my money back off ebay so I fitted them anyway. My mid iron play is fine but seem to struggle with the long and short irons for some reason. Im starting to think a custom fit might be the way to go!

:swing:

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any fitting opportunities should be locked threads so we don't get endless "I'm in" posts, sob stories, petty comments about location etc etc.

Bet GM wonder why they bother at times!! :(

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Any fitting opportunities should be locked threads so we don't get endless "I'm in" posts, sob stories, petty comments about location etc etc.

Bet GM wonder why they bother at times!! :(

Sorry if I am talking out of turn and do not mean to upset anyone but dont understand why would people be petty and have sob stories about offers like this?

To even been considered is superb let alone being one of the select 4. There is always going to people who think they are more deserving than the ones who are selected but that is the way it is.

yes I would loved to of been picked (but was not expecting it though) but am happy for the guys who are and look forward to read how it goes!

Maybe in a few years I may be one of the lucky few but in the meantime just be happy for your fellow forum friends!

Again i am sorry if my post has offended anyone, this was not my intention :)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
would be good to know what iron equipment sob story makes the cut!

I tried re-shafting my Donny 3-pw but instead of buying a full set, 3-pw project x 5.5 shafts, I bought a job lot of 8 7 iron shafts. I couldn't get my money back off ebay so I fitted them anyway. My mid iron play is fine but seem to struggle with the long and short irons for some reason. Im starting to think a custom fit might be the way to go!

:swing:
With you being the "tinkerman" - I thought the above was actually true, when I first read it.:)

S

Snelly

I've just realised that after 34 years of playing golf, these will be the first new clubs of any kind except a putter, that I will have had from new!

Thanks again GM! :)

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've just realised that after 34 years of playing golf, these will be the first new clubs of any kind except a putter, that I will have had from new!

Thanks again GM! :)
As someone with a similar view of C/F to me, I'd be genuinely interested in your experience.. Looking forward to it..