Pimp your phone/camera! (Memory Cards)

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just a shout to any of you that might be in need of memory cards for either phones or cameras.

Prices have CRASHED big-time in the last few months.

I know most of you will know this, but I'm still reeling from making a MEGA order yesterday on old t'internet.

- - - -

This all started in Tescos before New Year, when I picked up a (Sony-type) Memory Stick for £9.99 "supposedly" reduced from £25.

Well, showing off my big stick....HID now wants some action!!! :) :(

- - - -

Bear with me, this IS going somewhere.

- - - -

Anyway, now I've run out of space on a portable HD, I thought I'd order another.....so "basketed" a 500gb Monster on ebuyer.

http://www.ebuyer.com/

While I was on there, I bought a shed load of other stuff including MEMORY CARDS. Now, I LOVE :eek: ebuyer, and these guys aren't even the cheapest!!!!

So, the list included a card for my Fuji "bridge" camera (SD), another for my Sony "everyday, lend to the nipper" camera. A micro SD for HID, a memory stick pro duo for miss mini-s Walkman phone. and so on....

If you see cards for £9.99 and think, "ooooh, last time I bought a 64mb card for £20, that's cheap"....forget it.

1 and 2 gig sticks for pocket money....SD cards for under £3....

- - - - - - - - -

I've pimped 2 cameras and 4 mobile phones for about £20.....MAGIC....now, I need to take 1,100 pictures....see you all in 2010.

Bye, bye.... :)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Dave I recently bought a new Canon 1000d dslr and with it 2 Sandisk 4gb sdhc cards. An ultra 2 Ducati edition and an extreme 3. Both cards are bloody quick and cost 26 quid for both. Id recommend them at the drop of a hat to anyone who has a camera that can take advantage of the speed.
What Fuji do you have? My last camera was an s9500, loved it but the mid iso plus just had too much noise for me. The 100d is fantastic right up to iso 800 with a little noise in 1600.
I got my memory from currys and amazon, I just couldnt make myself buy from ebay as Ive heard too many stories of fake sd cards, never even thought about tescos until my boss told me he had bought the same camera as myself only 15 quid cheaper. Now the same camera anywhere is 50 quid more expensive because of the weak pound.