pickgf.com - Internet Golf shop

Lollfred

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi guys .. i'm fairly new to the forum (made a few postings) so wanted to officially say hello :)

A mate of a mate has recently purchased a set of Ping Rapture irons from the following site for the tidy sum of £200, and i wondered if anyone else had any dealings with them ? some of their deals seem to good to be true:

pickgf.com

Lollfred

Head Pro
Visit site
yeah .. that's my concern ... altough another mate did manage to speak with them and they advised they buy direct from the manufacturers ... i'm not so sure.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Any company not posting a phone number in the contact section and asking for all correspndence to be via an e-mail account sets alarm bells ringing. Compare the prices on the site to those of a reputable online firm I've used before and trust http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/09Ping_G15_Irons_Steel_Shafts.html#a3855 and then ask yourself how they can sell them so cheap. I'm guessing fake or stolen and would run a mile from them. If an offer is too good to believe that's usually because it is

surefire

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Looks well dodgy.

The first sign is the "Too good to be true prices".
No "about us" details
No address or phone number

WHOIS lookup shows registered to an individual in the US, even though the website is targeted to a UK audience.
Domain was registered on May 5, 2010, and is only registered for 1 year.
Normally a trusted business would be a bit older, and more importantly wouldn't register its domain name for just one year and the registration would be in the name of the business.

demotivational-posters-free-candy.jpg

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I could be wrong, but surely £200 is way under the trade price, even on last season's gear.

If a product (let's think something with a "known" price, like an ipod) sells for X amount, everywhere, how come a company can do it for so much less?

Doesn't add up to me.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You can't buy Ping online anymore. All authorised Ping dealers have to display a phone number for the punter to call and place the order over the phone so they can be given some element of custom fit advice.
Any new Ping that you can buy online isn't Ping. Even last year's models.