picked up the new ORKA's tonight

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hope rick will gives a full account of new irons after a good few rounds. with the amount of clubs and different shafts that you've had im looking forward to the review and comparisons

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice write up Rick , glad to hear you like them from the off , takes any doubt out of the equation , looking forward to hearing how they go over a couple of rounds

best of luck .. enjoy

S

Snelly

Which heads did you get Rick?

And good luck with them.

Best wishes.

DS

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Anyone else care to own up??? :eek:

Just to buck the trend, I never said a word.

he reckoned with my swing, if I didn't get to 4 this year then I could "female dog" slap him!!!!!!!!! :eek:

white-flag-surrender.jpg

How did you find the LM figures Rick, especially with the driver. I don't mean actual numbers, but were you surprised/disappointed or about what you were expecting?

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just to buck the trend, I never said a word.

white-flag-surrender.jpg

How did you find the LM figures Rick, especially with the driver. I don't mean actual numbers, but were you surprised/disappointed or about what you were expecting?

They were pretty much spot on for me......I know I hit my 3 wood around 220-235 and the LM showed 225 carry 238 total average.......same consistent results for the 5 wood and hybrid.....exactly what I hit them on the course.

The one I wasn't sure about was the driver......as you know, there is more room for error with a driver and I know I can hit mine anywhere from 230 to stupid distance.......(not putting it down as don't want the thread to go there..... :eek:)...the launch monitor showed 251 carry and 262 total...........it looks accurate and thats what I felt like it should have been ....

.....I just think ( and so does Alex) that there's room to eek out a bit more. I know it's unlikely for me to have optimal right head/shaft combo by accident, so this is where I think I can improve.....maybe not gain a massive amount in the distance but dispersion definitely ...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you try many other shaft options Rick? I only ask as everyone seems to get the best results out of the Orka Flatline shafts over the more 'well known' alternatives.