picked up the new ORKA's tonight

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
picked up the new clubs tonight and had about an hour and a half session on the monitor with Alex checking out gaps and yardages.
Once again Alex gave a couple of swing pointers which really helped. we started with the 6 iron and straight from the off I was flushing it......dispersion was minimal with a lovely draw and the numbers were the same as when we did the fitting......happy with this, Alex then wanted to check out my gaps at the top end.

Even though we are due for a gap check session in a few weeks he wanted to see what distances I was hitting my driver, woods and hybrids to see how the new irons would slot in. I hit my driver, 3 wood, 5 wood and 4 hybrid.

Straight away he dismissed any need to change any of the woods, but he did think I wasn't get as much out of my driver as I could given how far I was hitting the 3 wood.

I have a wood fitting session next week, so we'll address it then.

Next he got me hitting the wedges and made a minor tweak to both, again the results were solid.
He then predicted how far I would hit the 4 & 5 iron and got it right to within a couple of yards.

So the bag is sorted for now and I came away very happy and feeling that I had been part of a really thorough process.

Not content with hitting them on the launch monitor, I stopped off at the range on my way home and all I can say is WOW!!!!!.......solid, beautiful ball flight and long, definitely longer than my current irons.

Just need to make sure I'm comfortable with the yardages out on the course now. if it goes OK tomorrow then I'm going to put them in the bag for the scratch match on Saturday.

2 final points........someone has told him about my club tinkering.......he has promised me that if I keep them in the bag for a year, then he will make me a custom built ORKA putter free of charge!!! How's that for an incentive..... :thup:

Also he asked me again what my target handicap was........I told him 4 for this year with a view to getting to 2 within 3 years........he reckoned with my swing, if I didn't get to 4 this year then I could "female dog" slap him!!!!!!!!! :eek: ?...he has a way with words does Alex.....

All in all yet another great experience from someone who's knowledge and experience I have very quickly come to value enormously.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
2 final points........someone has told him about my club tinkering.......he has promised me that if I keep them in the bag for a year, then he will make me a custom built ORKA putter free of charge!!! How's that for an incentive..... :thup:

I may have mentioned tht you've had more irons in the last year than I've had in 20 but I'm sure I wasn't the first...........:whistle::rofl::rofl::rofl:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I may have mentioned tht you've had more irons in the last year than I've had in 20 but I'm sure I wasn't the first...........:whistle::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Might have mentioned something as well but I am sure that I was not the first :eek:

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site

Sounds like it's you I have to thank for my free putter then..... :thup: I told him he might as well go ahead and make it now as there's no way these clubs will be in the bag less than a year...........

How did your driver fitting go? What head/ shaft options did you go for?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

GS5 in White with the Flatline 60 Stiff Low Kickpoint...

Bearing in mind it was up against a 12.7 degree i20 with a regular shaft it was no contest really!
Not striping it yet but it'll come.
It feels good - first time I've said that about a driver since I had a Great Big Bertha.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
GS5 in White with the Flatline 60 Stiff Low Kickpoint...

Bearing in mind it was up against a 12.7 degree i20 with a regular shaft it was no contest really!
Not striping it yet but it'll come.
It feels good - first time I've said that about a driver since I had a Great Big Bertha.

How many shafts did you try?..did you try any different heads?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Anyone else care to own up??? :eek:

I think you know full well that I have made certain comments to Alex regarding your "tendencies" and that your car is more like a pro shop lol, we may have discussed it last night about how long we both thought you would keep them for :p