Phoenix open fans

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
just switched on the highlights and Jon Rahm on the short stadium hole and all i can hear as he stands over the ball is "Shank it" being shouted.... pretty pathetic

AdamC28

Visit site
I do like the stadium effect they have created there but the jeering does go a bit too far at times.
I suppose you always get small groups who ruin it for others. It happens on courses all over but dare I say the Americans do seem the worst for it.

D

Deleted member 16999

The event has grown and grown on the back of the spectator behaviour, it has the highest attendance figures, the players know what they’re in for when they enter the comp.
The beer sales are through the roof, millions are raised for charity during the event and for all the expected bad behaviour the “Amy” and “Jarrod” happenings are superb.
Every year this event is moaned about on here, guess what? same again next year.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The event has grown and grown on the back of the spectator behaviour, it has the highest attendance figures, the players know what they’re in for when they enter the comp.
The beer sales are through the roof, millions are raised for charity during the event and for all the expected bad behaviour the “Amy” and “Jarrod” happenings are superb.
Every year this event is moaned about on here, guess what? same again next year.

Think you’ve missed the point here Paul🙄

It’s the “Shank it” shouts that Patrick as a problem with.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

i couldn't care less if people want to go and get pissed at this event it makes no odds to me, but shouting shank it, is that really necessary, guys i play with get the hump if you even say shank it, if you have one,

D

Deleted member 16999

i couldn't care less if people want to go and get pissed at this event it makes no odds to me, but shouting shank it, is that really necessary, guys i play with get the hump if you even say shank it, if you have one,
But for every one of you, there are 10 of them, it’s advertised with the crowd behaviour and being different from the norm.
It’s not your normal golf fan that it attracts.
I agree it’s not what’s accepted or tolerated at other events, this one it is.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
But for every one of you, there are 10 of them, it’s advertised with the crowd behaviour and being different from the norm.
It’s not your normal golf fan that it attracts.
I agree it’s not what’s accepted or tolerated at other events, this one it is.
as pinseeker says i think you have missed the point.

D

Deleted member 16999

as pinseeker says i think you have missed the point.
No I haven’t, within hours of the gates open thousands are drunk, Sky commentators last night apologised a couple of times about the language from spectators in the background, they weren’t apologising for people saying shank.
The morons the event attracts probably have absolutely no idea what a shank is or how it effects some golfers even saying the word.
Some of the best in the world are playing in the event, do you not think they’ve heard it all before?

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Agreed

I like it. Not every week.. but once a year for something a bit different from the staid usual fare (borrowed Homer's thesaurus there)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
No I haven’t, within hours of the gates open thousands are drunk, Sky commentators last night apologised a couple of times about the language from spectators in the background, they weren’t apologising for people saying shank.
The morons the event attracts probably have absolutely no idea what a shank is or how it effects some golfers even saying the word.
Some of the best in the world are playing in the event, do you not think they’ve heard it all before?

yes you have i didn't comment on them being drunk or swearing, my comment was i thought it pathetic that idiots were shouting shank it as JR stood over the ball... i'm obviously not allowed to post that then.... sorry, mods please remove the tread:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
yes you have i didn't comment on them being drunk or swearing, my comment was i thought it pathetic that idiots were shouting shank it as JR stood over the ball... i'm obviously not allowed to post that then.... sorry, mods please remove the tread:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Might be better off finding a nice wall to bang your head against 🤷‍♂️😂

D

Deleted member 16999

Seriously mate, I thought you were better than that.
I’ve agreed it’s wrong, all I’ve tried to do is explain why it happens and why it won’t change.
As you’ve started the thread, you can delete it yourself.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Seriously mate, I thought you were better than that.
I’ve agreed it’s wrong, all I’ve tried to do is explain why it happens and why it won’t change.
As you’ve started the thread, you can delete it yourself.

i didn't ask for it to change or any action, other than it was pathetic .

you came on criticising the "moaning " and condoning the actions.... TBH i don't watch much US golf and switched this on for a quick look, i then switched straight over, not for me.

FYI the comment to mods was a joke, you should maybe lighten up;)

D

Deleted member 16999

i didn't ask for it to change or any action, other than it was pathetic .

you came on criticising the "moaning " and condoning the actions.... TBH i don't watch much US golf and switched this on for a quick look, i then switched straight over, not for me.

FYI the comment to mods was a joke, you should maybe lighten up;)
My first post quoted nobody and was in response to all the previous posts.
I didn’t get personal.