Phillip Schofield

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's amazing how long it can take somebody to realise, or admit, their sexuality. He had a wife for 27 years apparently. Crazy.

Wolf

Visit site
Watched the interview on This Morning, he looked and sounded pretty choked about the whole thing. Its a brave decision to take for him and his whole family, his wife seemingly supports his decision and encouraged him to be true to himself as have his 2 daughters. End of the day that's all that matters is he and his family are all happy regardless of his sexuality..

Social media seemingly has gone into its inevitable melt down, with many speaking out against his choice in faux outrage on behalf of his wife and daughters, calling him a disgraceful person for doing this to her and making her miserable living a lie. None of those keyboard warriors or anyone of us know what his family are going through or what they're thinking they just want to be outraged on behalf of someone as always.

Live and let live I say, if he's happy, his wife's happy and kids are happy then fair play to them all, they and Phil can move forward happy and enjoy their lives as they see fit?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good luck to him.
I fail to see why it is "crazy", and just because he is married doesn't mean his preference cant and shouldn't change.
You only get one innings, why not be happy in it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not really news is it and nor should it be. Not a big surprise either.
Sad he's taken this long to come out, much time in denial you'd think, why not earlier? - not like it would affect a career in the media.

Might have affected his career had he still been a childrens presenter (although you could rightly argue it shouldn't) but as an established TV star with a solid job does it beg the question why now? I wonder if one of the trashy red tops had something and he was getting in there first

Wolf

Visit site
Might have affected his career had he still been a childrens presenter (although you could rightly argue it shouldn't) but as an established TV star with a solid job does it beg the question why now? I wonder if one of the trashy red tops had something and he was getting in there first
None of us will know the why now other than its probably taken a long time to come to terms with for him knowing he has a family, that certainly came across in his interview. Also stated there has been no outside pressure from anyone forcing his hand, that this is a decision purely by him alone and the right time for his family.

Do we need to delve any deeper than that in search for a scandal or can we not just accept a man made a decision with his own and families best interests at heart.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Seems to be the standard celebrity statement these days along with being abused by their wicked step-uncle and having an eating disorder.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Phillip Schofield has just announced he is gay.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51414010
And? Show biz is probably one of the areas where you are more likely to be accepted as gay. Try being a gay sportsman. I don't believe there are still any openly gay professional footballers in the UK. Undoubtedly there are gay footballers, just not openly gay. We've had a few "come out" in Rugby with little backlash until the Folau debacle. There are lots of reasons people don't come out as gay but it's a personal choice as to whether they do or don't. The trouble is, as has been said above, the press still like to make a big thing out of it.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I wonder why he has decided to come out now? Maybe someone was about to publicise it and he decided to release a statement first.

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good luck to him.
I fail to see why it is "crazy", and just because he is married doesn't mean his preference cant and shouldn't change.
You only get one innings, why not be happy in it.
LOL at that statement. Like your sexuality is deciding to wear a different coloured top or something :LOL: