Phillip Schofield

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Woke up this morning to the news and to be honest I'm not surprised, I genuinely thought he was gay anyway for some reason, he always seemed to come across as a bit of a gay icon but maybe that's just my perception lol.
On to the story itself, there's something about these stage managed style statements which doesn't sit quite right with me. I had the same thoughts with the rugby player last year, I feel a little bit "played" for want of a better phrase.

Swango1980

Visit site
I dont get it, why do we need to know peoples sexual orientation, does it make them a better or worse person professionally etc?
We don't really. But, had he not said anything publicy, and then was spotted all of a sudden hanging about very lovingly with another chap, whilst also moving out of his family home, there is no doubt the tabloid media would be all over him like a rash. Better to get it out there himself and on his own terms.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rumours of being a bully
I know take the heat off, say Im gay, heads all screwed up etc etc that should deflect the attention away.

World is turning in to one big snowflake

Are you suggesting that Mr Bercow might be next :eek:

TBH, I'm not sure why I read this thread - it's absolutely nothing to do with anyone other than PS and his family.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Are you suggesting that Mr Bercow might be next :eek:

TBH, I'm not sure why I read this thread - it's absolutely nothing to do with anyone other than PS and his family.

When has that stoped anyone from having a rant about something on here!
Join in, you might enjoy it!!!

D

Deleted member 15344

Anyone reading this thread can see why celebrity’s still need to come out in regards their sexuality

It’s a shame that the world still hasn’t moved on enough to understand that people’s sexuality should be accepted and not derided

I hope one day there is a time where is just accepted by all that people should be free to love who they wish without any stigma attached to it

It doesn’t matter if Phillip Schofield is gay or not but unfortunately because people still treat it as headline news then people will continue to come out

Hopefully soon the gay footballers or indeed any main stream sports stars will be able to act freely and not be judged or insulted but I fear we are a long way off.

D

Deleted member 15344

So how does a heterosexual male become homosexual other than possibly some hormonal change?
Someone doesn’t “become homosexual” - it’s all about people’s feelings and desires and attractions and they can change through the course of people’s lives

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Rumours of being a bully
I know take the heat off, say Im gay, heads all screwed up etc etc that should deflect the attention away.

World is turning in to one big snowflake

Yes, of course. To quash the rumours of being a bully that approximately 0.005% of the population knew about, he decides that after 27 years of marriage with two grown up kids, to deflect attention he will announce is gay. As despite the fact he knows that it will be headline news and cause a massive amount of stress to his family, at least no one is thinking he is a bully. Makes sense now :rolleyes:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
On a slight tangent, and a genuine question, but are there (or have been) and gay male golfers? I know there are small steps being made in some sports but I can't recall any male golfers "coming out"

I thought there were some female golfers over the years (or again I could be mistaken) that declared they were gay

Wolf

Visit site
There has been some truly terrible comments on this thread about the man's sexuality which in this day and age shouldn't even be something that matters. Its no surprise people both in and out of the public eye find it still so hard to be able in some cases to admit their true feeling's. Its 2020 not 1820, its no wonder the Mods had to get involved.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
On a slight tangent, and a genuine question, but are there (or have been) and gay male golfers? I know there are small steps being made in some sports but I can't recall any male golfers "coming out"

I thought there were some female golfers over the years (or again I could be mistaken) that declared they were gay

Not sure about male golfers but Mel Reid came out as gay last year