PGA Euro Pro Tour

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Let’s see if the DP offer any addition input for the “ good of the sport “ or if the “ blood money “ needs to step in.

It’s a sad day for golf but also a great opportunity for bodies to show their true intentions

You would hope the DP Tour and the PGA step up to the plate and help.

D

Deleted member 15344

what The UK and Europe are missing is that link between Universities/Colleges into Challenge Tour - the US have the college system and many of the top golfers go through that and into Korn Ferry as it’s called now

We just don’t have that system in place and the Europro provided something for those talented young players looking for the next step up

Shame to lose it as it has helped some players progress

I guess now they will need to qualify for challenge tour

Don’t think it was ever affiliated to the ET which is a shame

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Apparently none of the players knew this was going to happen, be interesting how the other tours step up as a load of players do EuroPro week in, week out

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
what The UK and Europe are missing is that link between Universities/Colleges into Challenge Tour - the US have the college system and many of the top golfers go through that and into Korn Ferry as it’s called now

We just don’t have that system in place and the Europro provided something for those talented young players looking for the next step up

Shame to lose it as it has helped some players progress

I guess now they will need to qualify for challenge tour

Don’t think it was ever affiliated to the ET which is a shame

The difference between US collegiate sport and UK Universities is massive. US Collegiate sport is multi billion dollar business, they are essentially full time athletes that do a bit of studying, their facilities are immense, the average American Football stadium for a college is over 40,000 the biggest 10 average over 70,000 this dwarfs most Premier League stadia.

Loughborough University's sports facilities are a long way ahead of pretty much every other university in the UK, and are akin to small state university in the USA. American sports use a draft system because the colleges have essentially created ready made professional athletes. UK university students may be gifted athletes but they are no where near professional standard, football and rugby clubs prefer having their own academies because universities don't prepare the students to be professionals.

Golf is little different as it isn't a team sport, but the same issue of in the UK they are students first and will play golf, in the USA they are golfer first and will do some study at the same time.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does it have ranking points.
That’s the sort of thing that would get a lot more people on side

That would be growing the game

Can the Europro get ranking points. That could work for everyone, the tour is saved, LIV get access to a ranking points source that they can send their players to, the tour gets big names and do can grow and become am more attractive prospect than it currently is, there could be winners all round there.

Only downside, if you have something like the Europro stocked with big name players, that could challenge the DP tour and you would wonder how that would go down. Would the PGA offer the DP Tour its full support if the battle ground moves out of the US and into Europe.

D

Deleted member 15344

Does it have ranking points.

Can the Europro get ranking points. That could work for everyone, the tour is saved, LIV get access to a ranking points source that they can send their players to, the tour gets big names and do can grow and become am more attractive prospect than it currently is, there could be winners all round there.

Only downside, if you have something like the Europro stocked with big name players, that could challenge the DP tour and you would wonder how that would go down. Would the PGA offer the DP Tour its full support if the battle ground moves out of the US and into Europe.

The Euro Pro does get a level of ranking points

But I don’t think that’s the whole idea of the tour for LIV to get involved - the tour is for aspiring pros not to be used for players to get ranking points - that not the point of the tour.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Im feeling for the guy who left our pro shop last year to make a go at his career - I know previously this was his go to tour... Wonder where he goes from here?

evemccc

Visit site
Imagine if LIV golf stepped up and funded the Europro. Would be a great PR move.

Ideally I’d like to see a world tour, played around the world, with a team element that includes men and women

If that is what LIV becomes then great. I wouldn’t ideally want it to be backed by SA, but so be it…

I think LIV have (had?) the chance to do this and to fund / buy-out the EuroPro and to fund caddies etc. it would have been decent….

Sadly I am pretty confident this won’t happen and that anything that they different will just be shotgun starts and golf louder

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Such disappointing news. Had a great time at the event at Mannings Heath last year.

Wonder if this will effect the likes of the Clutch Tour and the Jamega Tour. The Jamega website hasnt been updated lately which doesn't bode well. Went and watched the Clutch Tour event at Stoneham yesterday and really enjoyed it. Stoneham's 18th is a brutal hole!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Such disappointing news. Had a great time at the event at Mannings Heath last year.

Wonder if this will effect the likes of the Clutch Tour and the Jamega Tour. The Jamega website hasnt been updated lately which doesn't bode well. Went and watched the Clutch Tour event at Stoneham yesterday and really enjoyed it. Stoneham's 18th is a brutal hole!

Jamega has gone bust. Were due to have an event at my club this month and cancelled and our manager has been told they are no longer running events and our event for next May is also cancelled. Hopefully they will be back at some point or someone will take over the mantle. Always seemed really well run events with good fields and half decent money given the fact it was very much a development tour