PGA Euro Pro Tour

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Anyone gone along and watched one of these tournaments? Its the level below the Challenge Tour. Thinking of going to an event or two next year as there's a few not far from me.

Yeah been to several over the years, partly through following a few of the pros Ive had the fortune to play with in pro-ams etc

Very few there watching so you tend to be able to go where you want and follow who you want as long as respectful to the players etc

Let us know where youre planning on heading and if Im about will try and join you

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Been to a few, and will be at the end of season comp at Desert Springs, again. Have a look at their OOM, and pick a few players to follow. There’s some very good pros at the top of the OOM.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been to a few, and will be at the end of season comp at Desert Springs, again. Have a look at their OOM, and pick a few players to follow. There’s some very good pros at the top of the OOM.

Yes, when i first looked through the OOM i was surprised at how many names i recognised.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes, when i first looked through the OOM i was surprised at how many names i recognised.

Its scary how good some of these guys are considering this is the third tier below European tour and Challenge Tour. Have played several times with one player whos won several times at this level but just not been able to succeed at Challenge tour let alone European tour! For the best of them Im pretty sure the difference between moving up and not is more mental than anything else

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Jonathan Caldwell is from my club and has done very well this year.

He’s a great player and the quality of golf is brilliant. Would be worth going to watch.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think it's a great idea, I've played in a few pro ams and it's fun. Plus you'd be supporting the next stars of tomorrow and we all need to grow the game.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Its scary how good some of these guys are considering this is the third tier below European tour and Challenge Tour. Have played several times with one player whos won several times at this level but just not been able to succeed at Challenge tour let alone European tour! For the best of them Im pretty sure the difference between moving up and not is more mental than anything else
Totally agree. Even at Europro level the ball striking is very good and most have good short games and like most sports, making the step up to the top level is about fine margins and I agree that for many not only will it be a mental thing but also the realism of the amount of travelling to do even on the Challenge tour

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been watching the highlights packages on You Tube. Really like Kit Alexander's analysis whilst John E Morgan is most amusing, particularly with his 'Come on Johnny' exhortations when he's previewing a hole!

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For those interested;

They are teeing off in OOM order, with the highest placed player #1 teeing off last. Really looking forward to a few days there.

https://europro.bluegolf.com/bluego...gs.htm?r=37241860-2c3d-4ac0-823d-d3428fa9ca52

Should be interesting watching two of the final trio, Richard Mansell and Marco Penge. From what i've seen on the highlights programs Penge hits it a country mile but can be a bit hit and miss with the putter. Mansell looks very solid.

Shame Todd Clements isnt playing. He's only played 5 events this year but has won 2 of them!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Should be interesting watching two of the final trio, Richard Mansell and Marco Penge. From what i've seen on the highlights programs Penge hits it a country mile but can be a bit hit and miss with the putter. Mansell looks very solid.

Shame Todd Clements isnt playing. He's only played 5 events this year but has won 2 of them!

Its a course you have to be straight on. Off line means being in desert scrub. Nice big greens but not all of the green are landing areas. It can't be beaten into submission. Patience is paramount there.

D

Deleted member 1147

Bradley Moore is in the penultimate group, he’s a member at Kedleston ,the swine beat me to the club championship a couple of years ago (by 6, although on handicap difference it should have been 18, 5 and +4 handicaps at the time). He’s had a win and runners up spot this season. Great lad, and has a mint short game.
I’ve played with Richard Mansell, hits it a country mile and is a good guy to play with.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bradley Moore is in the penultimate group, he’s a member at Kedleston ,the swine beat me to the club championship a couple of years ago (by 6, although on handicap difference it should have been 18, 5 and +4 handicaps at the time). He’s had a win and runners up spot this season. Great lad, and has a mint short game.
I’ve played with Richard Mansell, hits it a country mile and is a good guy to play with.

Richard Mansell is a member of our golf society. Not much point in anyone else turning up if he is playing !!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Crazy how good these guys are considering this is the third tier really

Mark Laskey whos in the first group out having had a very poor year has won on the tour several times and been up to the Challenge tour a couple of times. Sadly hasnt cut it when hes moved up and suffered coming back down this year too, not sure how much longer guys like him can be out there from a financial point if they dont make it when they move up. Hope he goes well this week!